back to article B&O Beoplay A3

Stick an iPad in B&O’s Beoplay A3, take a step or two back and look at it square on. It looks like a mini B&O TV. Put it down on a kitchen worktop or office shelf and you have a video player or jukebox capable of producing rich, full-bodied audio which does iPad far more justice than its own tiny speaker. B&O Beoplay A3 As …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Paging Mr Partridge ... new product available

2. Piro Silver badge

Cute.. but..

Jesus Christ, what kind of cost is that? Oh, Denmark, your tax policies have made your country out of touch...

1. Tom 38

Re: Cute.. but..

Well, they are no worse than us - I quite fancied getting a B&W Zeppelin when I first saw one, but I quickly saw the price - ouch, £500 for an ipod dock and some speakers is obscene, no matter how pretty it is and the bespoke British craftsmanship.

1. Chris Miller

@Tom - at least with B&W you'll get decent sound. B&O kit looks beautiful, but has distinctly average performance. Come to think of it, they may have identified their target market very precisely.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It evens up, in fact, Danes win. A friend of mine with a nice flat in Copenhagen pays about £70 per month, which covers her mortgage to her housing association- about 1/10th of what I pay, for a much nicer, quieter and less polluted environment. London suddenly seems like a really bad deal when I find myself working more hours for a great deal less, while it wrecks my health.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

That would be a co-op, probably in one of the old working class suburbs.

£70 = DKK 650 so I doubt very much that you got the conversion correct.

I live in CPH, and 650DKK would not cover my heating bill, and it gets really f*ing cold here sometimes, and it is never hot!

3. Timfy67
    Alert

Will there be enough room to accommodate the adaptor that will have to be used with future ipads considering their imminent change of connector?

4. Martin
    Facepalm

Four hundred and fifty quid?

Are you joking?

To give an iPad a stand and better sound?

1. oddie
      Happy

Re: Four hundred and fifty quid?

well, if they are gullible enough to pay that much for a laptop without a keyboard in the first place....

5. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Meh

B&O have always been vastly over-priced tat and nearly always has some stupid flaw. I still remember their magic tuner from the late 1960s where the cursor was a pair of tiny ball bearings seemingly suspended in mid air. They were actually in perspex tubes, and dragged along by magnets behind the fascia - trouble was the tubes weren't sealed and the balls rusted and stuck. Then there was the record player with the oh so finely balanced high mass pickup arm with a magnetic pickup - but the counter balance weight would work loose and fall off the end when you lifted the arm. The surprise resulted in lots of people dropping it whereupon the full weight smashed into the turntable (or worse, the record)

6. jason 7
    WTF?

One of the greatest achievments of the 21st Century

What is it?

It's how the Norwich Branch of B&O is still open for business.

I walk past it every week and I have never seen anyone in there.

Their products just look terribly dated and over priced.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like