back to article Russian K-force operatives cuff suspected Carberp trojan bank raider

Russian police have arrested a 22-year-old man suspected of running a bank fraud network that infected six million machines, raking in an estimated 150 million roubles ($4.5m or £2.9m) in ill-gotten gains in the process. The unnamed suspect, who is alleged to be the hacker known by the online nicknames "Hermes" and "Arashi", …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob 5
    Coat

Russia's MVD "K" Administration

Would that make them the MKVD?

1. TakeTheSkyRoad

Tanget Alert

Wasn't MKV that game where someone thought it was a bright idea to have a helmet mounted gun ?

1. robinlawrie

Re: Tanget Alert

MDK iirc...

2. Voland's right hand Silver badge
      Devil

Re: Russia's MVD "K" Administration

Probably not - the suspect was charged under articles of the criminal code different from section 58.

He is also in one piece...

Oh, by the way, I know that Народный Комиссариат Внутренних Дел is spelled with N, not M :)

1. Rob 5

Re: Russia's MVD "K" Administration

"Oh, by the way, I know that Народный Комиссариат Внутренних Дел is spelled with N, not M :)"

I know that too - hence the "I'll get my coat" icon. Still, at least somebody got my feeble attempt at humour. :)

Cheers

ЛПБ

2. roadsidepicnic

Sorry About This

Cereal hacker cuffed by Special K's.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

CARBERP Trojan Steals Information

'TROJ_CARBERP.A uses an ingenious technique to avoid detection. This malware deliberately drops a copy of itself and its component files in directories that do not require administrator privileges, effectively defeating Windows 7 and Vista’s User Account Contro`

4. tony2heads
    Black Helicopters

Don't mess with the Russians

Spetsnaz coming for anyone trying this one!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like