back to article LulzSec suspects plead guilty to DDoS attacks

Two LulzSec hacking suspects have admitted launching hacking attacks against the CIA and the UK's Serious Organised Crime Agency. Ryan Cleary, 20, of Wickford, Essex, and Jake Davis, 19, of Lerwick, Shetland, both admitted involvement in a string of computer hacking attacks at a hearing at London's Southwark Crown Court on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We are legion

We are many

We are in so much poo right now

We are going to prison

1. a cynic writes...

er...probably not.

There's a list of sentences handed out under the act here: http://www.computerevidence.co.uk/Cases/CMA.htm

At a guess a suspended sentence.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: er...probably not.

Personally hoping they shipped off to the States as well, saving the tax payer a bob or two.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: er...probably not. Well they probably should go to jail

If only to appease the Americans and hopefully avoid extradition at the hands of a compliant home office. A guilty verdict and time spent in jail in Blighty might get them out of something far worse....

2. eulampios

You shut your mouth up.

2. Aaron Em

Hope it was worth it to 'em

Doesn't look like it from here, not just to get patted on the ass by a bunch of neckbeards.

3. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Facepalm

LulzSec suspects plead guilty to DDoS attacks

Did they plead guilty to being complete twonks aswell? Can't see why they want to pretend they didn't upload data they stole, pretty pointless considering the Police et al will have been going through their computers, their ISP records and won't have made the charge without plenty of evidence. Sooner the mugs just fess up the better, dragging it out will just ramp up their sentences for being unco-operative.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: LulzSec suspects plead guilty to DDoS attacks

It sounded like the charge wasn't just uploading it, it was "uploading it and encouraging people to use it for serious crime". I'd imagine one is a bit more harsh on the penalty side than the other, and I didn't get the impression they were uploading stuff for actual crime reasons rather than stupidity.

1. Aaron Em

Stupidity can itself be a crime

If they said "lol u can brake into NSA with this", that probably falls under the definition of "encouraging...a serious crime". Considering they were apparently engaged in the commission of such a crime themselves, to fall under the "encouraging" languge, wouldn't they have just needed to upload what they were getting and tell others to do the same?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Stupidity can itself be a crime

Guess it depends on the meaning. I took it more along the lines of "you were uploading hacked account details and encouraging people to use them to steal" (which pretty much is what happened - can't remember if they were encouraging it but I very much suspect that they did). Oh well, if the punishment for that one is bad, denying it and being found guilty will only make it worse :)

4. Anonymous Coward 101
    FAIL

LULZ

Not very 'l33t' now, are we?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meanwhile

Anyone know who DDoS the Raspberry Pi website last week?

1. Aaron Em

No idea

but I bet you a dollar they blame it on the sad state of manufacturing industry in the UK.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Meanwhile

Probably DDoS themselves to get the extra PR boost. Those guys seriously need to get over themselves. They made a cheap, proprietary, circuit board, that's it.

There's already a Cortex M0 board for half the price of the Pi available in Farnell.

1. Aaron Em

But they're saving the world, don't you know. That inviolably ennobles whatever you're doing, however silly it might otherwise be.

2. James Hughes 1

Pretty sure they don't need any extra publicity. Can't make the blighters fast enough. As to getting over themselves, next time you produce a runwaway success, let us all know.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

These guys aint propper hackers...

...they got busted by the feds! Were they playing with their 'Fisher Price let's play hackers playset' and it got out of hand? You suck at being l337, my pet hamster has better hacking skillz and is more l337 than you two, and he runs around in a wheel all day stuffing his cheeks with his own shit!

Anon in case you also own hamsters who might hack me and upload "those photos" - and you probably do have hamsters considering your age!

1. little
      FAIL

Re: These guys aint propper hackers...

your point of view makes fuck all sense.

2. Jon Double Nice
      Happy

You are Richard Gere, AICMFP

3. Crisp

Proper hackers use at least 7 proxies.

7. LordHighFixer
    Coat

A possible defense..

It couldn't have possibly been them. No teenage l33t h4x0r would ever DDOS eve online ;)

1. Christoph

Re: A possible defense..

Eh? Of course they would, to stop their rivals scoring in the game.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Live and learn

Some folks need to learn the hard way.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What a waste.

Enough skills to do some hacking and what do they do with it? Instead of breaking up a child pr0n ring or something useful they go and attack the authorities. Way to go.

I'd convict them to 10 years using an old 80286 with MSDOS 3.20, with an AZERTY keyboard and the keyboard driver stuck on Swiss German, a 1200/75 baud modem with which they can only access the Scientology site and the order to enter War and Peace using nothing but EDLIN. If that seems unusually harsh, keep in mind I could have stipulated "copy con WARPIECE.TXT".

Friggin numpties.

10. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

DDoS

Definite

Denial

of

Sense

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

v&

The Party Van takes two more.