back to article Developers get to touch Microsoft's SmartGlass

Microsoft has released a software development kit (SDK) to encourage coding for its upcoming SmartGlass application, which lets mobile devices interact with the Xbox 360 console "in an intelligent way". The Redmond firm has pushed the free SDK to partners with agreements to build Xbox games or entertainment apps, so they can …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The PS Vita and Wii U Gamepad have the advantage of having the screen constantly in same place: between your hands.

Wii U Gamepad have the advantage of the fact that each console will have at least 1 gamepad with it, with the option of adding a 2nd.

the PS Vita is a dedicated handheld gaming console, the user could always play games on it even when s/he is away from the PS3/4. It can still use remote play on it even if you are away from the home console. Plus, you could have a wireless LAN party with it :-)

SmartGlass is a good concept for when watching movies, but games? you will have to keep track of a 2nd device and hopefully that device will still have the screen active when you look at it!

While the Xbox 360 and PS3 do compete against each other, Microsoft have nothing to compete against the PS Vita; and from their leaked future plans, they don't plan to release a dedicated handheld console. Keeping this in mind, it might be a good idea for Microsoft to release this application (app if you will) on the PS Vita as well!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"which lets mobile devices interact with the Xbox 360 console "in an intelligent way".

Lost on Xbox owners them, which clearly have the lowest IQ of all console owners..

I mean how idiotic do you have to be to champion a console that barely works, chock with last-gen features, just because you are the same nationality as the company that pays the Chinese company to make it.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Re: "which lets mobile devices interact with the Xbox 360 console "in an intelligent way".

<brandishes sword>

Back under yer bridge ya varmint!

</brandishes sword>

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "which lets mobile devices interact with the Xbox 360 console "in an intelligent way".

Shut up, Barry.

3. Downside
    Holmes

.err..

..why do I want to interact with my console using a touch screen in my hands? I have a mahossiff HD screen for the game or movies, played mainly in a dark cinema room, why do I want to be fiddling about with a titchy hand-held screen?

Maybe Microsoft has it right - release an app for people who feel the need to have that connectivity. I've got the "bluPlay" app for BluRay playback on my PS3 and I never use it. Glad it was free :)

4. Dave 126

All mobiles, or just WP7 / 8?

I might have blind, but I didn't see that in the article

1. dogged

Re: All mobiles, or just WP7 / 8?

All mobiles.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like