back to article Kensington Virtuoso Mini collapsible stylus

Dabbing away at a smartphone touchscreen is all very well if all you’re doing is checking email, searching Google, or replying to a text message. But if you want to paint - using the excellent Brushes, say - sketch, or take handwritten notes, it’s far from ideal. Kensington Virtuoso Mini stylus But who wants to carry around …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ukgnome
    FAIL

I sometimes use a stylus but find the fat tips even more inaccurate than my podgy digits.

Thinner tips are the way ahead, why doesn't someone make one?

1. Gordon 10
      FAIL

What you mean like the AdonIt Stylii mentioned in this very article?

Reading fail.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Gnome or troll?

If the stylus tip was any thinner, the screen wouldn't register a sufficient change in capacitance and wouldn't work.

2. KjetilS

Excellent...

Now make one with a usb sheath

3. GettinSadda
    Alert

Doesn't this...

Doesn't this block the speaker and mic holes on an iPhone? Or at lease obstruct them enough to make sounds and calls less clear?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Doesn't this...

True, but that would only be a problem when using the phone for voice calls....does anyone still do that nowadays?

4. Paul Woodhouse

oh bloody hell...

my wife drive's a Jap import Mini Kensington...

this is gonna make a right mess of my google and ebay searches for parts for it :(

5. Gordon 10
    Happy

Talking of Novel connections The Adonit Jot Pro

Contains a magnet so that it locks to the magnets in the Ipad or the Smartcovers. Works well enough to stop you loosing the stylus on the desk or a paper pile, but tends to get knocked off inside a bag.

6. Kubla Cant
    FAIL

"slightly longer than a bookie’s pencil"

I know El Reg loves unconventional units, but what on earth does this mean?

I've hardly ever been into a betting shop, so I have no knowledge of their pencils. Do bookies have special pencils? Why? Are they longer or shorter than normal pencils? Is that the length of the pencil when it's new, or when the bookie has sharpened it down to a stub?

And, FFS, what is "stylii" supposed to mean? If it were a Latin second-declension plural, it would be the plural of the non-existent word "stylius". The rule is "-us" becomes "-i" in the plural, not "just keep adding 'i' until it looks like a lot". If you can't grasp this, I suggest you stick to the English plural, which is "styluses".

1. The Infamous Grouse

Re: "slightly longer than a bookie’s pencil"

"I know El Reg loves unconventional units, but what on earth does this mean?"

According to the Profanisaurus it's about the same length as an Argos biro.

1. Lamont Cranston

Re: "slightly longer than a bookie’s pencil"

An IKEA pencil?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like