back to article Google launches field force management tool

The Sydney-based team that gave the world Google Maps has released a new product, “Google Maps Coordinate”, which offers field force management through a web app and Android. The new service, launched at 9:00 AM Sydney time today, replicates many other field force management tools with features that allow administrators to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Totally misread that as "force field"

Although that's probably in the Chocolate Factory "To Do" pile

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Totally misread that as "force field"

No you didn't, AC. El Reg was just being careful not to blow the Chocolate Factory's programs too early before they are recognised and protected by responsible respondent users and force field generators ...... both of which are classed and classified in AI as Virtual Field Machinery.

"As fleetingly demonstrated to The Register, the service lacks sophisticated scheduling and routing tools, but does track users' movements over time to help with subsequent analysis." …… which is a nice way of saying in CodedD Futures Newspeak ……. Required, Dominant Astute Master Narratives for Random Asset and Renegade Executive Projects Programming.*

Seems to me, and CHAOS reigning and running free and riot in global markets and impotent politics would be proof positive evidence, that New Orderly World Orders recognise virtual feeds are seeds IT needs?

And it is a simply complex honest fact, that it is Great Game Power Command and Control over for all who fail to recognise and acknowledge the truth of such, in any and all Present and Future situations, which are Virtual Reality Projects/Programs/Pogroms …… and Following/Leading DAMN Instruction Sets.

* a Core Cloud Component without which nothing works well and everything fails catastrophically and exceedingly quickly.

2. Crisp
      Go

Me too. I was sat here wondering how much phaser energy one could dissipate.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I thought they'd sent one of my ex-bosses into orbit ...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where there is tracking to be done...

there is Google.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

oooh! ooh! where do i sign?

I have always wanted the deeply evil google to be able to spy on what my field based staff are doing. Maybe they could sell the data to subway so that they could target them with a the 'weekly special' every time they are near a store?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Google now found a way of getting paid to spy on you

This is what they call innovation

Pity the employees who are forced to sign to this crap.

1. ratfox
      FAIL

Read the damn article

"all location data is fully encrypted at rest and never shared with Google"

If you don't believe them, sue them and win millions.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Read the damn article

If the data is not shared with G, how do they display it on a map?

As every users needs a G email address, do they disable all other web/app tracking data from other activity the signed in user does?

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Google would just claim it was a bug, done by a rogue engineer (StreetView) or a "mistake" (Safari tracking) and be fined a token amount.

As the post above said, how exactly can data NOT be shared with Google when it's being collected there and displayed on Google's maps. Magic?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Obviously, "the data is not shared with Google" means that Google does not use the data for anything OTHER than this service.

5. Justin 9
    Go

Where my Delivery

Couriers need this.

"I Need to nip out on the school run, lets see where my parcel is"

6. miknik
    Facepalm

I don't get it

Isn't this just Google Latitude and Google Calendar bolted together and with a $15/month/person price tag?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like