back to article Samsung 830 SSD: Competition

Competition closed

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. petur
    Thumb Down

Don't bother if you're not in the UK <EOM>

The post is required, and must contain letters.

1. Wensleydale Cheese

Re: Don't bother if you're not in the UK <EOM>

¨The post is required, and must contain letters.¨

I assume you meant post code there. You could have saved yourself the trouble:

¨Terms and Conditions: Competition closes 30/09/2012. You must be 18 or over and resident in the UK to be eligible.¨

2. Caff

UK only

No love for your Irish neighbours?

3. the-it-slayer
    Coat

What's the booby prize?

A duffle coat? =D

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can you please stop doing competitions for things I've just bought... first the HTC One X, now this!!

Is that one of your researchers following me around?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, but....

Competition closes 30/09/2012...

Really?

1. CraigW

Re: Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, but....

Does that mean we're stuck with those wanky samsung adverts on here until October?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, but....

What adverts?

6. Gordan

Deliberate Trick Question?

The disk reviewed was, presumably, 256GB. But the options are Mb, Gb and Tb. Since the closest option is out by a factor of 8 (bits vs bytes), where's the "other" option? (I'm not going to argue the size of the byte also being architecture dependant this time, that would probably be a bit too facetious. ;) )

1. batfastad
      Thumb Up

Re: Deliberate Trick Question?

Nice one! It really hacks me off the way people seem incapable of getting that right. Especially on a tech website.

7. Cholo

Tb

If the drive is 256GB, which answer is closer, 256Gb or 256Tb?

1. Steve Knox
      Boffin

Re: Tb

Gb is still closer by far (1/8 as opposed to 1 000/8 [or 1 024/8 depending on the choice of base unit]).

I'm not from the UK, but I'd recommend y'all wait till they review the one with the 520PB/s sequential read speed.

8. The Envoy

Background image?

Are the three people in the background pic actors in some prime time "comedy" coming our way sooner rather than later.

9. Ketlan
    Windows

Who the hell?

'Are the three people in the background pic actors in some prime time "comedy" coming our way sooner rather than later.'

I was wondering who they were, too. Maybe they're El Reg editors?

1. Sir Runcible Spoon
      Joke

Re: Who the hell?

The one with the beard could pass for Lester (Tree-Hugging hippy gone to seed ) :P

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I see what Samsung did there....

SSD830 240GB?

Could they be more deliberately confusing?

11. Richard Lloyd
    WTF?

By the time this is won, SATA 4 will be out

Can't believe that the closing date for this compy is 30th September - over 3 months away! By then, a new Samsung model will be out, this 830 model will be half the price it is now and finally someone will draft a spec for SATA 4 (we can hope), making all current SSDs obsolete :-)

Still, I entered it anyway - can't have enough SSDs in your drive bays if you ask me. Next time, set a closing date in terms of weeks and not months, especially for rapidly changing tech.

12. something

You are an international site...

... so post the damn thing outside UK!

This topic is closed for new posts.