back to article UEFA Euro 2012

Assuming you haven’t been on another planet for the last few months you'll be aware that soccer's 2012 European Championships kicked off in Warsaw on Friday. Sixteen teams, 31 matches and, I predict, the usual post-mortem in regards to England’s woeful performance. Not that I can gloat if England does crash out at the first …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

football App

Foot ball is a disease! Why would anyone want to clutter up their fondleslab with a disease?

AC but toungue in cheek (well mostly anyway)

2. Nick Ryan Silver badge

Permissions

Bah. Why do apps like these require the permissions to identify my phone and get its number? i.e. the "Read phone state and identity" permission.

Call me paranoid but I've taken to not installing apps that require this permission - they do NOT need my mobile number, nor the number of whoever happens to be calling either.

3. Martin 47

This is the best android app of the week? Really,?

I suppose it just goes to show what worthless, privacy abusing crap the rest must be then.

1. AceRimmer
      FAIL

I think the series should be renamed to Random Android App of the Week.

with only a couple of exceptions, they've been consistantly crap.. much like the App Store

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

There's been some decent recommendations. Last week's, Pocket, was a cracker. I'm using it daily now. Ditto the National Rail Inquiries and TED apps from a while back. Guess you can't please all the people all the time.

ps...App Store? You mean Play Store?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Really?

It's the official app for a major sporting tournament that will be followed by tens of millions of people across Europe throughout the month. I'd say that more than qualifies it for a review!

I've been using the iOS version since Friday and it's pretty good. I'm not an avid footie fan and like the author I'm a Scot so have no vested interest but it's handy for keeping up to date with what's going on, esp for the matches I can't watch on the box.

4. Horridbloke
    Flame

The football fans won't like it...

... because it contains long words and doesn't include any "engage in casual racism" functionality.

Football: it brings out the worst in everybody.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The football fans won't like it...

It certainly bringa out the worse in many, but I know many who follow and partake in football avidly, and don't feel the need to act like arseholes.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Surely it just needs to say John Terry scored all the goals and won the competition?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Footie?

I think you've badly misjudged your audience.

1. jai

Re: Footie?

quite right! this is an IT news website, read by people in the IT industry. 90% of us haven't had to run anywhere, or engage in any kind of sporting activity since we were at school

1. Nick Ryan Silver badge

Never had to run? Have you not heard of "last orders"? :)

2. Horridbloke

Run? Have you seen how fat the average adult wearer of replica football shirts is?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

No... not all El Reg readers are in to real ale, cardigans and model railways.

7. Jan Hargreaves
    Headmaster

Soccer? what's that?

In Europe the number 1 sport is football.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like