back to article 'That's a FUBAR train wreck waiting to happen'

This was the week that was all about security - or the lack thereof. LinkedIn, eHarmony and Last.fm all got hacked and had user passwords stolen. Millions of members from the business network and the dating site had their passwords published online, while users were also getting spammed, indicating emails may have been taken …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Curtis Crowson
    FAIL

Its FOOBAR

Please don't use FUBAR. I know it stands for F*** Upped Beyond All Recognition. The great thing is that the FOOBAR acronym is recursive like GNU (Gnu's Not Unix), but in a better way. The acronym itself is F*** Upped Beyond all recognition. So, if it wasn't FOOBARed then it would be FUBAR, but it is FOOBARed so it is FOOBAR.

Thank You

Sincerely the FOOBAR preservation society.

1. Khaptain Silver badge
      Headmaster

Fubar

Just for info, it's

Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition.......

Our Pedantic Overlords require the correction and they will accept that the "R" could be replaced by Reason or Repair.

1. Peter Murphy
        Go

Re: Fubar

There are other acronyms to use. I once asked a mate "How's work? Fubar?"

He replied, "Nahh... Fugazi". Short for Fucked Up, Got Ambushed, Zipped In.

"That bad?" I replied. "Yes, but it's at least the name of a cool band."

2. frank ly

@Curtis Crowson Re: Its FOOBAR

I can't see why FOOBAR is recursive like GNU (but in a better way??). If I've missed something obvious then do laugh at me by all means, but please try to explain it in a way that is clear.

(I'm aware of the use of Foo and Bar as nonce words in programming examples.)

((I'm also aware that I may have jumped into a hole.))

1. Khaptain Silver badge

Re: @Curtis Crowson Its FOOBAR

I'm with Frank here, the Original Post definately needs to be explained in order to qualify the recursiveness of FOOBAR.

2. George Nacht
    Thumb Up

incredibly, HULK is not difficult to smash

Nice.

Just.......nice.

Thank you

3. Steve K
    Holmes

Flash UIs - Pots & Kettles, Larry!

Oracle have only just started retiring their awful Flash-based UI for their Support site so presumably Larry knows what he is on about....

4. Michael Dunn
    Headmaster

"When you have an enforced connectivity regardless model pushed to the master revenue plan added to antiquated security systems and zip due diligence like LinkedIn – that's a FUBAR train wreck waiting to happen."

Sorry, what language is this - it certainly isn't English, even the US variety!

I can't help thinking that if anyone actually seriously uttered this gibberish, they definitely need nelp.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like