back to article Buffalo bundles USB 3.0 AND Thunderbolt in single drive

Extreme PC Week Buffalo Technology launched the world's first portable Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 dual-interface drive this week at Computex. Buffalo MiniStation Thunderbolt/USB Portable Hard Drive The bus-powered MiniStation Thunderbolt/USB Portable Hard Drive comes in both 500GB and 1TB versions and features the lightening …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Albert Hall

Nice, but...

Round corners? Trouble ahead!

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. mhenriday
      Big Brother

Well, Albert, at least it's not

«wedge-shaped». Give that that most incorruptable of authorities, the United States Patent Office, has just granted you-know-whom a so-called «design patent» on «wedge-shaped» notebooks, Buffalo is indeed fortunate that one end of their device is not thicker than the other....

Henri

2. Bogle
    Go

oh come on

Oh, come on, down-voters, Albert Hall's comment made me smile. Lighten up.

1. Philip Lewis
      Thumb Down

Re: oh come on

Had i interpreted the comment as being intended as humour, i might have upvoted it. However, the fact is that it is indistinguishable from the mindless Apple hater diatribes that are a pox on this website, so it gets a downvote from me

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Expensive....

I'll wager.

I have the (reviewed on here) WD 2 TB Hi-Speed USB (USB3) 3.5" that cost me just short of 80 quid. I can live with an extra TB for an extra inch

I'll take a poke and say this will be around 140 quid...

4. rcha101
    Thumb Up

About time! I think other vendors should take this approach rather than just doing TB only. This approach enables you to use the device on far more pcs/macs etc.

5. Paul Williams

Is there a bottleneck?

Is there any controller/flash chip that can deliver the sort of speeds that will max out these connections?

This topic is closed for new posts.