back to article Stanley Black & Decker picks up Wi-Fi tracking tools

Stanley's healthcare division has scooped up Wi-Fi tracking leader AeroScout, with a view to pushing the technology into hospitals – for use where RFID isn't good enough. Stanley Healthcare will spend the next year adding AeroScout's Wi-Fi based real-time location system to its product portfolio, as well as integrating the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Vulch
    Alert

At last

Once the medical division have had a go, I hope the tools division will get to play and you'll always be able to find your Stanley Knife even if it has vanished into shed-space.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: At last

"you'll always be able to find your Stanley Knife even if it has vanished into a patient".

There, fixed that for you :)

2. Nights_are_Long

What will this be sued for?

Is it some form of patient or staff tracking to know who was there at what time, or is it for stuff like tracking medicine despnsary carts and alike?

1. Mr_Pitiful
      Pint

Re: What will this be sued for?

I really hope that was a typo!

it does look good as a medical application

1. Nights_are_Long

Damn it! Just noticed that.... damn lack of Edit button.

1. frank ly

I thought it was a serious (and amusingly put) title for a comment about accountability and responsibility.

3. John A Blackley

Any chance........

it can be used to track where the money goes in the NHS?

4. Fred Flintstone Gold badge
    Coat

Is it just me..

.. or does the combination of "Stanley" and "Black and Decker" feel sort of uncomfortable in association with hospitals? I get visions of standard DIY issue knives and cordless drills being used in surgery by people wearing dirty overalls..

Yeah, yeah, I'm going. Be glad I didn't crack a joke about bum cracks..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like