back to article Look out, world - Mad Leo Apotheker's back!

Wild-eyed former HP CEO Leo Apotheker is back in the IT hot seat after bagging a spot on the supervisory board at French tech outfit Steria. The appointment of the bumbling exec was approved by 99.8 per cent of shareholders at the Annual General Meeting on 15 May. At the same time, Laetitia Puyfaucher was also voted onto the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Laetitia Puyfaucher?

Is she related to Sir Richard Pumpaloaf?

2. Anonymous Coward 101
    Thumb Up

HP have now sacked the boss of Autonomy, Mike Lynch, for having a crap quarter. Apparently, lots of other staff have left because of the stifling bureaucracy of HP. Looks like $10bn down the drain.

1. Levente Szileszky
      Stop

And you haven't even counted the Mad Skype Lady at HP's helm...

...famous for wasting billions of on Skype during her eBay years, only to sell it back to its prev owners for billions less.

BTW more than a year ago she became partner in the law firm that rules HP's board with an iron hand and 8 months later the totally clueless board replaced the unbelievably incompetent Apotheker with her, the queen of bureaucracy and a failed wannabe-Repug politician - coincidence?

HP was just about to turn around after emerging back from the pile of shit it became under Queen Fiorina, the glorified marketing girl, when this scumbag board evoking fake sex charges decided to oust Hurd, the last person at HP with a vision and the skills to make it happen.

Now we have the crazy lady with total obedience to her paymasters with no clue.... good luck saving HP...

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What happened to the "hands off" approach?

"Apparently, lots of other staff have left because of the stifling bureaucracy of HP."

I thought that HP had announced a hands off approach to Autonomy.

That didn't last long then.

3. gv
    Facepalm

Rewarded for incompetence

Nice work if you can get it.

4. Glenn Amspaugh
    Coat

If only...

I could fail so successfully.

Mine's the one with the hole in the pocket, wearing thin.

5. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Well you cannot deny the man has "experience"

Sadly it's not *good* experience.

On the plus side if Steria is privately held the share price does not have to reflect anything like it's true worth.

Which (judging by past performance) is about to take a bit of a nose dive.

6. Christian Berger

The Kruger-Dunning Effect strikes again

Again you probably have a situation where everybody is so incompetent that nobody notices how incompetent they are.

Luckily (from a business perspective) it doesn't matter. The success and failure of a company usually doesn't depend on its management.

1. Richard 12 Silver badge

Re: The Kruger-Dunning Effect strikes again

I disagree, company management can easily cause a business to fail.

There are many examples of a CEO or management team destroying a previously successful business.

Success is rarely directly dependent on management. In some cases it happens because management gets out of the way, in others they genuinely lead. (The latter is usually only in SMEs)

This is probably because destruction is both easier and faster than construction.

2. Vic

> The success and failure of a company usually doesn't depend on its management.

Nokia?

Vic.

3. daveeff
      Unhappy

>>The success and failure of a company usually doesn't depend on its management.<<

I see you say "usually" there but lets face it, management have paid 10B for autonomy, imposed the usual HP management shit that means the talent leave & the boss gets sacked - looks like that is going to have an affect on success / failure for HP and Autonomy as was.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's worse than the football management merry-go-round.

Once you get that first step up to the corporate officers' club, I guess you really are a made man!

AC, because I wouldn't want to ruin what pathetic little prospect I have for a step up to the corporate officers' club......

8. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Well goodbye Steria !

It was nice not knowing you.

9. jason 7
    FAIL

Are we seeing the end result of that age old practice.....

...of if you cant sack someone then promote them up and out of the way?

So basically you have a group of total nitwits that cant manage their way out of a paper bag but get 'moved on' over and over getting a false impression of their own value and ability.

Saw it a lot at my old firm. If you were good you stayed where they wanted you but if you were crap you got promoted as it was the only way to get rid of them. By the time I left several of them had reached Director level, wanted the respect that went with it but because we all knew their history, little was given.

Company nose dives as a result.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'd have to quarrel with...

..."splashed $10bn on UK software maker". Surely the house style demands "spunked"?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like