back to article EE splurges £50m on OS-specific experts

Everything Everywhere is to launch OS-specific training for its staff, awarding accreditations in iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phones, or in the ability to sell them at least. The money will be spent on the new Development Academy with 7,000 staff benefiting from the initial round of training which will be focused on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Trained to sell a Blackberry?

I wonder how many will get trained before they go bust then?

Oh well, one way to lower their headcount.

1. EddieD
      Joke

Re: Trained to sell a Blackberry?

I wonder if the blackberry staff will get red shirts

2. James 51

what about symbian?

see title

3. Deej
    Thumb Down

Training? Just more staff would help

In an Apple store there are *lots* of staff; having to wait for help is not particularly common.

In an Orange store, you can wait for *DAYS* before being served. If you can't get the attention of a member of staff, no amount of training is ever going to help.

1. A Non e-mouse Silver badge
      Unhappy

Re: Training? Just more staff would help

I must live near the one Apple store where there are never enough staff... :-(

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

On the subject of dynamic typing

"...or the advantages of dynamic typing... Trick question, there are none. Dynamic typing is simply an abomination."

Well said that man! But why so polite about it? ;)

1. Anonymous IV

Re: On the subject of dynamic typing

Surely it's better than "hunt and peck"?

5. M Gale

No advantages...

...unless you want to get some work done.

Yes, blahblah type safety blah. You don't get in a formula one car and try to drive around the M25. You don't try to aim for the moon with anything made by Estes. You don't piss into the wind, don't tug on superman's cape, and you certainly don't design anything in a dynamically typed language without taking into account that the language is dynamically typed.

Or "Duck Typed", or whatever funky things the Ruby crowd come up with these days.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: No advantages...

"you certainly don't design anything in a dynamically typed language without taking into account that the language is dynamically typed."

In an ideal world that would hold true - it's just a pity that quite often, it doesn't. It also reminds me of a joke about String Theory, but that would just be trolling :)

Maybe I just need to drink some Kewl Aid and 'get down'. Damn I remember being kewl once, I think. Saturday mornings, 12 years old, sipping the Cool Aid (that's how us oldies spelt it back then), learning to 'code' on the ZX80/81.

Damn, I need to get out more :)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My understanding is that this is designed to help between sales, not just during them, so customers can get stuff fixed as well as sold to them.

Saves sending the device off to be fixed/replaced.

7. Chris Beach

Urm how?

When most Orange/T-Mob shops have about 2 staff per shop...

8. dotdavid
    Thumb Up

Great

I should look into taking a part-time job as one of their Windows Phone experts. I'd be able to sit on my arse all day doing not much at all... ;-)

That was a joke, BTW, you Ballmer fanbois. I'm sure I'd have to help out the Android and IOS experts now and then...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like