back to article Biz social networking set for take-off

The market for enterprise social media and Web 2.0 tools is growing by over 20 per cent a year and will top $126m (£80m) by 2017 as firms look for better ways to collaborate and manage content across Asia Pacific, according to a new report from Frost & Sullivan. The analyst’s Enterprise Social Media and Web 2.0 Market 2010 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

What's a KPI?

See above.

1. Tel Starr

Re: What's a KPI?

Key Performance Indicator - Any made up metric that makes an Analyst feels that their job\life is worthwhile.

2. jake Silver badge

Water cooler gossip ...

... is OK.

But as a corporate lifestyle? Maybe not so much.

3. Hollerith 1

So far, maybe good

I'm part of a team rolling out social media in a global company. There's a real divide: the older staff prefer email, the younger staff prefer the social media area, and the latter is a lot more lively. So far, the business benefits are hard to point to, save for a couple of excellent examples where one global region was able to supply quick answers for a team in a different region, but this is because we are still in an email mind-set. To me, the social media tools are faster, easier, and more inclusive. They work for me like collaboration tools (goodbye SharePoint) and I suspect that by 2013 we will be well bedded down, with old fogies still clinging to email. I will find out...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like