back to article Belkin YourType Folio

There’s no shortage of iPad keyboard cases to choose from, but this one from Belkin, designed for the new iPad, has a neat trick up its sleeve: the keyboard is detachable, held in place by Velcro. Belkin YourType Folio That might not sound like a big deal, but it allows you to vary both the angle of the iPad’s screen and the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gordon 10
    Meh

what are the keys made of?

glass scratchiing easy typing hardness

glass friendly nasty typing softness

2. Richard Ball

convertible

I've got a really expensive open-top Mercedes*. (that has a massive fuel tank)

It's very rarely sunny here, therefore I have a rigid plastic roof that came from Halfords. It wasn't very cheap. It clips on top of the Merc, making it a bit like driving a rattly 2-seat saloon-car, but one that is more cramped inside than if I'd just gone and bought a normal car.

It's cool though, because underneath there's my really expensive Merc, and I make sure everyone knows it, and for 2 days of the year I take the roof off to prove the point of it being open-topped. I keep a raincoat in the boot just in case.

*(I haven't. this is figurative.)

3. Mage Silver badge

Cloth

A piece of cloth over the keys?

Some Dell Laptops circa 2002 had an issue with some keys eventually marking the LCD.

A Belkin product that might be worth getting? What a novelty. Maybe eventually a Mac Air will be like this?

4. Tringle

Only £80 extra to turn an iPad into something useful? Like a notebook that costs less than half the money and is vastly more capable.

Can't see any fanbois buying it, it's just not overpriced enough. Or Shiny™ enough. And it's practical. Doomed I tell you, doomed.

5. Simon 26
    FAIL

Fantabulous

1. Buy an etch-a-sketch from the Rotten Apple

2. Then connect up a dodgy, wobbly keyboard that would shame a laptop from Trotters Independent Traders.

= you have something almost as usable* as a cheapo laptop.

* usable that is, if you ignore the wobbling, case/keyboard combination that is wobbling about on your lap and is a pain in the arse to type on.

1. cd

Re: Fantabulous

3. Buy a proprietary connector just to be able to save your work to another drive.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Call a spade a spade

So this is basically a rescue deal for Apple-obsessed fashion victims...

"Bought one of those crappy laptops without a keyboard? Feel inferior no more!"

It's like buying a roof and doors for a quad bike.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like