back to article Dragon starts final approach to International Space Station

The SpaceX Dragon is still approaching the International Space Station and on course, with a few minor delays. SpaceX Dragon's final approach to the ISS Snapshot of the Dragon on final approach. Credit: NASA TV At the moment, NASA is projecting a grapple time – when the ISS's robotic arm Canadarm will reach out and grab …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steven 1
    Thumb Up

Very cool - that is all :)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's been grabbed

COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) kit rules over NASA's old bespoke stuff

1. Tasogare
      Thumb Up

I saw it too.

Applause to spacex. And NASA too, for that matter; they did their part.

2. Anonymous John
      Happy

Re: It's been grabbed

And at night too.

3. R.Moore

Grabbing seems pretty rubbish though.

When I used to play Elite I just used to line myself up along the rotational axis of the space station, start to turn at the same rate and fire my thrusters. Being picked up by the scruff of the neck doesn't seem to have the same sense of flair.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Grabbing seems pretty rubbish though.

How much are NASA paying (or perhaps how much will is the "mystery cargo" worth!) ... maybe after a few more of these runs SpaceX will be able to upgrade to autodock ... from what I recall that was something you got as soon as possible in Elite!

4. Richard Ball

Watching the control-room folks in their open plan office and then 2 minutes of solar array - it's like big brother only without the birdsong.

5. Timo
    Coat

So they're waiting to do it with the lights on!?!?

fnarr fnarr

6. Jason Hindle

Awesome

I hope they make this work commercially, in the long run.

7. Tom 38

Now begins the commercialization of space

I'm waiting for Endemol to send up a Diary Room, its only inevitable.

8. Bronek Kozicki

docked now!

Where is the news - El Reg, you asleep or already out to pub?

9. Tom Maddox Silver badge
    Joke

Fake

The photo is obviously fake. First of all, where are all the stars? Second, look at that terrible resolution--this was obviously cobbled together quickly in Photoshop. The Earth looks like it comes from a '90s-era videogame!

Shame on you, El Reg, for publishing such misleading trash and continuing the decades-long government conspiracy-driven myth that humans have been to space!

10. Yesnomaybe

Everybody!

Du Du-du-du, du-du, du-du, Grapple-time!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like