back to article Fujitsu, TalkTalk bag Post Office contract spurned by BT

Fujitsu and its strategic partner TalkTalk have won a contract that could be worth £500m to supply a broadband network to the Post Office. BT had been the Post Office's previous provider, having inked a four-year deal in May 2007 with the national telco's wholesale wing supplying kit and customer support to make the national …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Doomed to Fail

Fujitsu and Capita

No need to say any more.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Doomed to Fail

Yeah obviously..... "Fujitsu, which has been a partner to the Post Office since 1996"

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Doomed to Fail

Indeed....

I started a Royal Mail project and left after a day. 8 hours of the Project Manager telling me what a disaster the whole thing was was more than enough...

2. Fuzz

Why bother?

What's the point in getting post office broadband if it's the same (same gear, same connection, same customer support, same tech) as Talk Talk, you might as well just buy Talk Talk.

1. Richard Ball

Re: Why bother?

Or a decent product from a decent company.

2. Jason Hindle

Re: Depends on what they are offering

You could make the same argument over the Post Office's deal with BT but for some customers, it has been a good product. I know a couple of light(ish) users of the Post Office product who make excellent use of the free calls to mobiles at the weekend. BT and TalkTalk do not offer this.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like