back to article Ex-Lloyds bank digital security chief 'submitted £2.5m in false exes'

A former Lloyds Banking Group head of digital banking fraud and security has been charged with defrauding her employer. Prosecutors said that Jessica Harper had submitted false expenses claims that totalled £2.46m. The Crown Prosecution Service's deputy head of the central fraud group, Andrew Penhale, said in a statement: …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. sabba
    Facepalm

I don't which I find worse...

...the fact that someone in such a trusted position (or any position for that matter) would even consider such a stupid act or the fact that as head of security and fraud the silly cow didn't have enough knowledge or common sense to cover her tracks.

I am of course assuming that she is in fact guilty and that this is not just all some terrible mistake (like happened with those poor MPs not realising that a duck house or a pad for your mistress might not be a refundable expense).

2. Dark haired lord of the undercliff
    Windows

All in it together, up to thier f"cking knecks in it. Tobin them, tobin the all ha ha ha ha

3. NogginTheNog
    WTF?

How much??

£2.4m - not SALARY, but EXPENSES?? Fuck me, like what the hell was she doing that she thought that wouldn't be noticeable..?!

1. edge_e
      WTF?

Re: How much??

How she thought this would go unnoticeable isn't important. How can you run up £2.46 million in expenses? is what needs to be answered.

1. Steve Evans

Re: How much??

Exactly my thought... If this was her fraud amount, how much were the "genuine" expenses? The mind boggles!

4. g e
    Joke

Fox in charge of Henhouse

If she's a hottie that's your perfect headline ;o)

5. Arrrggghh-otron

Remember the mantra...

You have to pay top dollar to get the best people!

6. JimmyPage Silver badge
    WTF?

How on earth did Lloyds

let the fraud get to £2.5 MILLION before they clocked it ? Thank goodness I don't bank with the incompetent shysters.

1. Martin
      WTF?

Indeed....

That works out at £16K a month approximately.

Sixteen thousand pounds a month in expenses? Four thousand pounds a week, every week for over three years?

And that is, presumably, on top of the legitimate expenses she claimed...

How on EARTH could that have happened?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I have to admit to some quiet admiration for her ambition

if you're going to steal, don't piss about with a few twenties here and there: go for broke.

This topic is closed for new posts.