back to article Toshiba swaps skinny Android tablet's CPU

Toshiba has taken its very thin AT200 tablet, ripped out the 1.2GHz Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 CPU and flung in an Nvidia Tegra 3 penta-core processor instead. Toshiba AT300 Android tablet The result is the AT300, launched today. It's a 10.1in, 1280 x 800 job running Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich. There's 1GB of Ram on board …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

nice looking device, but my question would be, is it child (2-6) proof?

Any parent will tell you unless it can take a beating and a 5 year old walking over it, then its no good for parents!

1. Richard 120

Is anything?

I'm not sure anything is really toddler proof from experience, I think the only way to keep these things safe is to keep them out of reach.

2. cs94njw

Looks alright. But would still probably prefer a Transformer with a slightly legacy Android, but with a keyboard.

1. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
      Boffin

Legacy?

What's legacy about the Android on the Transformer? My first generation Transformer is running ICS, from an official OTA upgrade from Asus.

GJC

2. Ammaross Danan
      Go

Transformer

This will be out end of June, Transformer Infinity will be out early June.... Hrm, wonder which one will win (also considering the new Tosh tab is the same specs as the current Transformer Prime....).

3. Giles Jones Gold badge

More CPU grunt = more battery required = bigger and heavier. It's better surely to wait until you can upgrade the hardware without needing to add more bulk.

Otherwise tablets are just going to grow into laptops and what's the point of that?

1. PTR

Not quite. With the Penta-Core, if demand is low, it runs on only the low power 5th core - thus saving battery hugely.

Only uses the big guns when needed.

4. Richard 120

Tosh Tablets

I've been looking a lot at tablets and from what I can gather the Tosh tablets seem to be very well spec'd and perform well in comparison with others, but they suffer from a shorter battery life than most, it'll be interesting to see what the reviews say on this one.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like