back to article Vodafone's cash mountain rocked by eurozone emergency

Vodafone is rolling in cash thanks to a healthy year in the US and stability in the UK, Germany and the Netherlands. However the telco is still only drawing 14.5 per cent of its £43bn service revenue from mobile data, despite the fact that it represents the majority of traffic carried. Total revenue across the group over the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tax Dodgers

Private Eye's video report on the dodgy goings on of this massive tax fraudster

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/eyeplayer.php?media=296

2. The BigYin
    Mushroom

This is what happens when you don't pay your taxes

Countries can't pay the debts! I have zero sympathy for the likes of Vodafone.

Pay your dues and then we'll talk.

3. Christine Hedley Silver badge

"Vodafone is rolling in cash thanks to a healthy year in the US and stability in the UK"

Maybe it can start paying that overdue tax now, then.

4. Crisp

"Vodafone is rolling in cash thanks to a massive tax dodge"

I'd be rolling in cash if I didn't pay my taxes either.

5. Simon 27
    Thumb Up

Companies all over the world dodge tax, loop holes an clauses! this is why accountants have jobs, there are companies which abuse this far more than Vodafone.. yes I have interests in Vodafone so I'm happy to admit im biased, if they make money they make me money an in business thats whats its all about, eat or be eaten CWW....

1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

A modest proposal

Are you suggesting we eat the poor?

6. Steve Evans

I wonder how much profit their Luxembourg office made...

7. Mr C
    WTF?

aren't they the ones funneling money ?

wasn't Vodaphone one fo those companies thats funneling money out of 'poor' countries into rich ones?

and still problems? wow..

8. ukgnome
    Mushroom

Nice to see....

...that so many comments all say the same thing. But just in case, here is an open letter....

Dear Vodaphone,

Whilst you seem to have the money to spend as sponsors to many sports you seem to of forgotten to pay your tax.

We, the people of the UK would very much like it if you did.

Please send your cheque to HMRC

Yours faithfully

The UK public

1. yoinkster
      FAIL

Re: Nice to see....

Dear ukgnome,

we were unable to process your letter as it, firstly, is not addressed to us and secondly, we are yet to translate what you meant around "of".

Rgds,

Vodafone.

9. John A Blackley

A survey

Hands up everyone here who's a tax lawyer or consulting tax accountant.

1. Nev

Re: A survey

Not many at HMRC is would seem, as they are hoping to send a few of their employees back to school:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/tax/9172401/HMRC-sends-tax-inspectors-back-to-college.html

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like