back to article Australia rocks to Spotify

Swedish digital music streamer Spotify is ready for downloading in the Australian market. Marshalling steam since November, the advertising supported Spotify has launched with a raft of revenue kickers including the Commonwealth Bank, CUB, Fairfax Media’s websites Daily Life and TheVine, McDonald’s, ninemsn and Virgin Mobile …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. P. Lee

> Spotify’s seamless Facebook integration takes enjoying music with friends to a whole new level.

> Music has never been this social.

Is this editorial or an advert in itself?

Since when is sitting my yourself in front of a computer with all your friends elsewhere been classed as "social"? How about visiting your friends and playing a CD while having a game of something, go ice-skating, paint-balling, sailing, bowling or playing golf.

This is Newspeak worthy of Apple which advertised its ipod (loud music in your ear so you can't hear anyone/anything else) as being "social."

If my family and friends thought being social was writing on a wall so other people can see your scribblings, I'd be pretty depressed and sit by myself with a computer too.

Try experiencing people, rather than consuming things.

1. ChrisInAStrangeLand
      FAIL

I tried "experiencing things" "socially" through Rhapsody and Pandora. Then the MAFIAA blocked them in my country and I'm back to an ipod full of stolen music.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yep. Cut'n'paste from Spotify blog:

"Spotify’s seamless Facebook integration takes enjoying music with friends to a whole new level. Music has never been this social."

I don't think this should have snuck into the article without at least some quotation marks.

2. tkioz
    WTF?

Reg?

Reg getting paid for this? Useful information sure, but very love letterish.

3. ChrisInAStrangeLand
    FAIL

Is there a way to use this piece of shit without facebook? I've got all of the FBConnect/Beacon/buttons blocked in my hosts file?

1. 68K

I haven't used Spotify in a little while

But you can definitely use it without connecting it to Facebook. FB integration is more of an additional extra rather than a core part of the software.

4. Purlieu

Australia

they're all listening to Rick Astley anyway

1. Winkypop Silver badge
      Thumb Down

Re: Australia

As far as rick-rolls go, that was a very poor effort.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like