back to article Anonymous takes out Indian CERT as attacks continue

Hacktivist group Anonymous continued its attacks on the Indian government and creative industries at the weekend by taking out the web sites of the national CERT and the country’s President in retaliation for widespread blocks on video and file sharing sites. The group’s @opindia_revenge Twitter account documented the latest …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Spindreams

Hacktivist "grop"?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Clerly writin by da same orfer as dis

"Government wouldn't want this to happen on their website ryt? They shud know we are still watching"

2. jake Silver badge

Paraphrasing ...

"You're blocking sites, so we'll stop people from accessing you!"

Do these idiots know the meaning of "hypocrisy"?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Paraphrasing ...

No, and neither that of due process..

They just get a bee in their bonnet, and off they go on another illegal exploit. Judge and jury, but about as intelligent as the Sun readers who destroyed a paediatrician's practice because they thought it was a pedophile (as if those criminals would advertise that on the door on a big expensive sign).

Basically rebels without a cause, more commonly known as vandals. It's no different to graffiti - a nuisance, it doesn't serve anyone at all, it racks up costs for the target and there is little chance of catching the kids/criminals involved.

I have *zero* respect or sympathy for such people.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

“We believe a country's defence organisations should be left alone."

Very sensible. There's a big difference between a midnight bang on the door and an armed drone peering through your bedroom window while you're hacking the world.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Outsourcing data to India?

If India's CERT can't even protect themselves why should any other nation even think about outsourcing data storage and analysis to the India?

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: Outsourcing data to India?

"If India's CERT can't even protect themselves....." They have protected themselves - they have not been hacked.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anonymous

They are not "hacktivists" or "hackers", they are skiddies.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Anonymous

"They are not "hacktivists" or "hackers", they are skiddies."

Call 'em what you want in an attempt to keep the l33t hacker moniker for yourself, but regardless of who wrote the tools/whatever, thay are successfully causing damage. You'd do well to remember that instead of simply dismissing them in some misplaced bout of technosnobbery.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
        FAIL

Re: Re: Anonymous

"....regardless of who wrote the tools/whatever, thay are successfully causing damage...." So, in your eyes, the scum that uses a .45 in a drugs gang shootout is somehow of equal engineering skill as John Moses Browning? Get a grip, get a clue, and take a step back to reality.

6. Lee Dowling Silver badge

Again - how can Anonymous deny that they had anything to do with the attack on the military site if they don't have a) some kind of entry requirement and control over who's a member, or b) some kind of knowledge of who is and who isn't a member?

You could do anything and blame it on Anonymous and there is NO WAY for them to disassociate themselves from that action because of their policy that anyone can be a member and nobody knows who is or who isn't.

Anonymous are not a group. It's a moniker used by anyone that wants to do something nasty, brag about it and get away with it. They can no more say that "Anonymous didn't do this" than they can say "As a member of 'People called Fred' we can say that no Fred would ever do this".

1. I think so I am?
      Pint

"....... their policy that anyone can be a member and nobody knows who is or who isn't"

That didn't seem to be how it was for the number of members that got ratted out by one of their own.

Not only do they not understand "hypocrisy" but they also miss the meaning of "Anonymous" -

- wait maybe they do understand the meaning of both.

I need a bear.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The last thing I need is a bear.

2. jake Silver badge

@I think so I am?

"I need a bear."

You can have mine for the cost of shipping & handling ... She's just made her first appearance this year, with two cubs ... I'll throw in the cubs for free :-)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Anonymous factions?

Maybe we're seeing the beginning of separate factions of Anonymous... or at least, multiple. separate groups of people calling themselves Anonymous.

If this is the case, how long do you think it'll be before they turn on each other.... just like different Chan boards used to attack each other in the past.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

>"Government wouldn't want this to happen on their website ryt?"

Intimidating threat FAIL. If they could have defaced a government site, they would have; they had to do some random unrelated small company's unsecured server because they couldn't get in to the government sites. Obvious bullshitter.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If it's Monday...

...then it's time for more Anonymous members to do the Perp Walk. They just don't get it...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

This is news but the blocking is not?

Come on El Reg...

A large percentage of the world has had its access to popular sites like Vimeo blocked as a result of a court order sought by a commercial organisation, and, unless I missed it, you haven't even thought it worth mentioning.

Shame on you.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: This is news but the blocking is not?

Boo Hoo. There is no God given right to access all websites. That's why no one mentions it or cares.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like