back to article Anonymous turns its DDoS cannons on India

Hacktivist collective Anonymous has turned its attention to India, taking down the web sites of the Supreme Court, the country’s two major political parties and several government sites in retaliation for a court injunction which led to the blocking of several video sharing and bit torrent sites. The web sites of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Charles Manning

Bunch of wankers

If these people submitted to some sort of democratic oversight then they might have morality on their side.

But no, they have power and are not slow to wield it for their own purposes. No better than anyone they are attacking.

1. Ole Juul

democratic oversight

I agree that they don't have morality on their side. Nevertheless, they'll do whatever they can get away with - which in general is not unlike their targets.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bunch of wankers

Forget morality they don't even have common sense on their side

- They have DDoS'd sites hardly ever used by the citizens.

- There is something much worse being proposed by the Indian govt that they have missed, only concerning themselves with this stupid court decision re torrents/ Vimeo etc. In fact their actions will only lend undue credence to the govt's proposals.

- The have DDoS'd the Supreme Court website, which had nothing to do with this decision, it was taken by the Chennai High Court.

- They have DDoD'd the opposition party BJP's website, which is opposed to the more oppressive govt regs being proposed

Ref: http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_cordon-tightens-rajya-sabha-nod-to-harsh-it-rules_1690309

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bunch of wankers

You want to talk about morality? How is anonymous any different then NATO messing up Libya to dictate how they use oil? Oh right, countless people arn't dead from a DOS attack. Nato and anonymous can both take a flying leap for all i care.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The kids today

Eh?

1. Chris Miller

Re: The kids today

When I were a lad, we'd knock on doors and then run away. If we were caught, our parents would administer summary justice, which usually prevented it from occurring again.

Now the Internet allows any skiddie with a half-pint of Red Bull coursing through their veins to knock on a million doors and run away. Then they can post something illiterate claiming 'I am Anonymous - hear me roar'.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yawn....

...that is all.

4. Elmer Phud
    WTF?

Reg or . . .

. . . Daily Mail?

Each time there is the merest mention of 'Anonymous' we get a flood of cut and paste comments about LawanOrder.

I can only l assume that:

a, the posters have never been any younger than 35 or 40

b, they have never, ever, shared anything in their lives, not even a flu virus.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

UK gov will just send them more international aid to fix these websites.

6. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Facepalm

Anonyputzs unable to mount real attacks anymore?

"......Despite some predicting that the hacktivist group was on its knees after high profile arrests of alleged members last year, it has made something of a comeback of late, launching well publicised attacks...." The truth appear to be somewhere in the middle - they are still making attacks, but they are yawntasticly uninventive LOIC vandalism, not proper hax. Nothing smart, nothing requiring anything more clever than a botnet and a group of sheep to fire the LOIC app, and not even a new variant of the rather simple LOIC script. It all looks just a bit depserate now. Anon is a Norweigian Blue.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More perps headed to prison

When will they learn?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like