back to article Social Network scribe to turn hefty Steve Jobs tome to popcorn-fodder

The screenwriter who brought a bratty young Mark Zuckerberg to life in the film The Social Network has been appointed as the writer of new Steve Jobs biopic. Aaron Sorkin will continue his lionisation of tech superstars with the new film, funded by Sony. The film promises to tell the story of Jobs' rise from rude-but- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dotdavid
    Thumb Up

Jobs: Get Inspired

How about Jobs: You're Holding It Wrong?

1. W.O.Frobozz
      Thumb Down

Re: Jobs: Get Inspired

More like "Steve Jobs: Get Patent Lawyers."

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I read the book, it was an insight to a man who was either mad or a genius or on the autistic spectrum.

But who would play him?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. wibble001

Ashton Kutcher?

Nice of them to let us know it's going to be crap before the cameras even start rolling.

1. O RLY

Re: Ashton Kutcher?

Kutcher isn't in the Sony-produced film; he is in the other film about Jobs. From the article: "In a separate Jobs film from an independent film company, directed by Joshua Michael Stern, and due out at the end of this year, Jobs will be played by square-jawed brunette Aston Kutcher."

4. ItsNotMe
    FAIL

I can hardly wait.

Maybe not.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

THE one to miss!

Yawn of the century!

etc.......

1. JDX Gold badge

Which one, there are two.

6. disgruntled yank

lionisation

"Aaron Sorkin will continue his lionisation of tech superstars with the new film, funded by Sony."

"Lionisation" as in what they used to do at the Colosseum? I can't say that "The Social Network" tore any huge strips off Zuckerberg, but it doesn't make him look great. Such intelligence as the character is supposed to have is taken for granted, and in demonstrable qualities--social interaction, demeanor, garb--he comes off as a dork.

The main problem is in the medium, which needs drama (preferable juvenile drama, but that's anotther story.). Paint a great picture and Hollywood yawns. Cut off an ear, and there's a movie in it. Code like a wizard and nobody cares; be perceived to have screwed over various business partners, and we have a movie.

7. AF
    Thumb Up

I'll definitely be getting the BD of this. I ignored The Social Network for months, only to find that it was actually quite enjoyable - Aaron Sorkin's writing can make the most tedious subject watchable.

I could not care less about the turtleneck-wearing salesman (and will certainly be giving the Kutcher thing a miss, even if it starred someone decent), but there is precious little screenwriting of Sorkin's calibre around these days. Just hoping that his new series does well enough to last a bit longer than Studio 60.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It will be the first movie produced in newspeak.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who the chuff is Aston Kutcher?

1. jukejoint

Ashton Kutcher is...

a rich celebrity - AKA: No One to give a chuff about. He has money and name recognition - also is quite the swordsman from what I understand...(Attn ladies: really? REALLY?) He is purported to handsome.

10. Hooksie

2 films? Really?

Let me guess, the first one will be shiny but ultimately flawed and the second will have all the same features as the first one but with more stuff added that you'd get in any other film anyway so you'll think it's a huge improvement.

Still, I'd much rather watch Mr Sorkin's upcoming Newsroom program which looks far better than any crap about a glorified Del Boy

11. Maryland, USA
    Thumb Up

They picked Sorkin? Really?

Did anyone imagine any other screenwriter would be tapped?

BTW, his teen daughter was the cutest thing at the 2012 Oscars. I'm just sayin...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like