back to article StorSimple, TwinStrata join in HP Cloud love-in

Cloud storage gateway suppliers are cosy-ing up to HP with both StorSimple and TwinStrata emphasising their HP Cloud Storage creds. StorSimple has certified the HP Cloud Services public beta offering, and says it can be used with its cloud data management features, like Cloud Snapshots, thin restores, non-disruptive upgrades …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

Whatever.

I still roll my own. Cheaper, faster, easier, lots less paperwork, and no marketing twaddle.

2. Farley - from StorSimple
    Terminator

Would you trust your data to three Dirty Harries?

Well, would ya? Bizarre slant here Chris! I think it might be more "appropriate" to suggest that with all the redundant data protection that cloud storage services provide, there might need to be 3 or 4 Dirty Harries, all with big handguns - and all asking the bad guy if he's feeling lucky - because three Dirty Harries pretty much equal a Chuck Norris. http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/terminator_32.png

3. Lewis Page 1
    Boffin

Steady on, gun blokes

In my opinion the front page teaser pic shows a .36 Navy Colt - tho admittedly pointed AT Clint not handled by him. He too in that film used a .36 Navy smokeblower (cartridge converted or cap&ball) however, very different from a modern .44-magnum nitro powder job.

But I'm thinking you storage guys mostly don't mind - this is just for the record. and to forestall our occasionally large community of gun experts.

1. jake Silver badge

Re: Steady on, gun blokes

I didn't see the front page teaser pic. Must be a glitch in my filters ... Or maybe it's because I rarely view the front page ;-)

The weapon fired by Eastwood in the movie was a Model 25 (in .45 Long Colt), built on the same N frame as the Model 29, because (as the story goes) Hollywood approved blanks weren't yet available in .44 Magnum. I question the accuracy of the story, even though I've heard it (and similar) from many sources ... Hollywood style blanks are easy to create. There are a lot of myths around the .44 Magnum ...

Next time I can be arsed, I'll keep an eye on the screen, but I'm pretty sure that if Eastwood were using an 1851 or M1861 Colt Navy[1] instead of an N frame, I'd have noticed.

[1] Note that it's not "Navy Colt", it's "Colt Navy"[2][3].

[2] I own an 1851 (possibly inoperable, looks good, mechanically operates properly, currently contemplating making it a historically accurate usable tool instead of a museum piece, pulled out of a Port Orford Cedar box lined with straw buried under the floor of my barn in Nevada) and an M1861 (operable, great-grampa bought it new, I have the original sales receipt :-).

[3] Did someone figure out Page's account password? Or is this some kind of strange troll attempt?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like