back to article ICO blasted offline by DDoS cannon in Leveson protest

The UK's Information Commissioner's Office website has been blown offline by a distributed-denial-of-service attack that appears to be a hacktivist protest over the Leveson Inquiry. The ICO spokesperson told The Register in an emailed statement that access to the site had been disrupted over the past few days by the DDoS …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JDX Gold badge

yawn

These acts of petty terrorism are just getting more and more boring.

1. Jeebus

Re: yawn

Agreed, just how many more scandals can this government and that cancer Murdoch be responsible for?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

People who use the word terrorism at every chance are becoming boring...

3. Fibbles

DDOS attacks instill you with a sense of terror? Come on, they're not that bad...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anonlogic

So on the day that the ex-editor of the News of the World and News International's Head of Security are formally charged with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, they claim that the inquiry "is stopping criminal proceedings from taking place"....

Nice work lads

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Anonlogic

well they aren't taking court precedings against the Met officials that green lighted the hacking by wondering off after initial allegations.

Or the Labour MPs that were in bed with Murdoch and Co.

So, yeah, basically most of the most important people in the act of decade long corruption will get off scot free (again) leaving some sacrificial wolves (as I wouldn't say they were blameless lambs in this affair) to take the rap. While at the same time gaining firmer control over investigative journalism that may make them look silly/corrupt.

Also sure these two will find themselves in the pay someday of some former PM , cabinet minister or ex Police commisioner who they helped in the past.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pretty hypocritical really

"we cannot access your site, is it because you have acted unlawfully?"

4. Pete Spicer
    Joke

And here was me hoping it was taken down due to the cookie law stuff...

5. idowys
    FAIL

*slow clap*

At first I had some respect for Anonymous, now they just seem to be skiddies doing it for the hell of it. Shame really, as by doing pointless stuff like this all they've done is reduced their credibility. From what I can work out, they're now the laughing stock of the hacking world for precisely this.

Well done guys! You tore down a poster.

1. Mr Common Sense
      FAIL

Re: *slow clap*

Since when was anon about being 1337 hackers?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kudos to the LOIC creators

They wanted to create a DoS tool simple enough to be used by idiots. They succeeded.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The irony..

.. people complaining about due process by means of unlawful methods, by acting as judge and jury alike.

*NOT* impressive..

1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Re: The irony..

What a bunch of useless jerks they are. I'm working on protecting the privacy of some people, and I can't even look up the ICO's phone number. Well done, clueless idiots.

8. Mr Common Sense
    Flame

What a bunch of useless jerks they are.

I assume that's ICO so why would you be bothered if you got their phone number or not to unhelp your imaginary friends.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like