back to article LOHAN Playmonaut jets off to Blighty

Our heroic Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) Playmonaut has just jetted off to Blighty to join the Southampton University postgrads who are tackling the design of the Vulture 2 spaceplane. Click here for a bigger version of the LOHAN graphic The veteran pilot, who soared to international fame with our Paper Aircraft …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Code Monkey
    Windows

God speed you Playmonaut! You brave, brave little man.

[salutes]

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Censored]

Come on you can tell me, I've been vetted and doctored, I promise not to tell anyone.

1. Lester Haines (Written by Reg staff) Gold badge

Re: Censored]

No chance. You'll just have to wait and see...

3. Blofeld's Cat
    Happy

"we've selected a far mightier thruster"

Meanwhile; on a rooftop somewhere in East London, overlooking the Olympics.

"'Ere Sarge, how many of these things are we supposed to have?"

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

[Censored]

Come on, we all know it'll be 14 pint of Guinness, a double vindaloo chaser and a strategically placed lighter.

Buggerit - got the munchies now

5. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

But....

Isn't this all a bit... well, you know - professional? I mean where's the reverse fag packet, the rule of thumb, the uninformed guesswork? How can you seriously expect LOHAN to be break free from the clutches of reason as well as gravity?

1. Geoff May

Re: But....

How can you seriously expect LOHAN to be break free from the clutches of reason as well as gravity?

By using the VW hovercar.

2. PC Paul
      Thumb Up

Re: But....

They'll be telling us next that there will be a test flight of the aircraft before the real launch to test that, you know, it actually flies!

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: But.... But nothing, question everything

Err, you obviously haven't seen its Operating Systems Virtual Software Operation, ql. Right Royal Evidence there of True Amateurs with Novel HyperRadioProActive Source CodeXSSXXXX Facilities.

Does the El Reg Special Projects Bureau have a Virtual Reality Super Sub Division for AIMissions with Participatory Commentary Drive ...... Phished and Phormed Power for NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT ProgramMING?

Which is akin to Source Enrichment for Power Output with Remote Virtual Control.

Or would that render El Reg an Operating System in an Alternate Reality GIG? :-)

6. Tim #3

The team's lack of beards & pipes is a tad disappointing.

I'll have a word...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm missing something here

So you've binned the Aerotech RC 32/60-100NS unit for flight, but you're still using it for the REHAB experiment? Why aren't you testing the one you've now chosen?

Re: I'm missing something here

Because it's too big and expensive to blow on the REHAB test, not to mention the fact we have to order the reload months in advance. We are, though, looking to get a smaller unit with the same propellant from the same manufacturer to test in REHAB.

2. imanidiot Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: I'm missing something here

Also, keep in mind they are not testing the rocket itself here, they are testing the igniter performance. If it can light a smaller candle, it can light the bigger one too. (assuming it's the same fuel mixture, but that seems to be taken care off.

Still, I'm mighty curious to some of the questions and conundrums postulated in the LOHAN forums.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"jets off to Blighty"

I'm confused. Where was he before?

1. imanidiot Silver badge

Re: "jets off to Blighty"

Given the locale of the PARIS launch and the SPB testing, I'd guess somewhere in spain

1. Richard Altmann
        Thumb Up

Re: "jets off to Blighty"

He´s jetting in from the swedish lesbian enclave.

He went there to undergo tests of certain parts of his body,if,when sucked into almost vacuum,would still be operationable.He splashingly passed the tests and is now ready to take on LOHAN.

9. mad_dr
    Alert

Proper units please.

KM/H? Metres?

When you finally take the wraps off your measurements, can't you do things properly and give us the figures in proper units that we can all understand? I believe that we have an understanding that "linguine" and "% velocity of a sheep in a vacuum" are our standard preferences?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/page/reg-standards-converter.html

This topic is closed for new posts.