back to article Orange launches TV app to snag wandering eyes

Orange has launched a TV-enhancing iPhone app that is synchronised to 25 Freeview channels. The operator hopes it will keep the fiddling-generation focused on big screen content while catching their straying eyeballs where necessary. The app is called TV Check and uses the iPhone's camera to work out which channel you're …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Kevin Fairhurst

A bit late to the game...

It seems as though half of twitter already live-tweet during shows such as Britain's Got Talent, so the social aspect of watching TV hasn't gone away, and unless all your social circle are using the Orange app, no-one will - another chicken&egg situation that Orange would need to surmount!

2. Piloti
    Thumb Down

I wonder how much.....

..... Orange will pay the users to provide the amrkets content to the brand managers ?

Seems only fair that somebody should be paying the user to provide the info' for why they are not watching crappy TV adverts'.

Oh, I know why : becuase they're shite.

3. mfraz
    FAIL

No Android version?

This is one app I'm happy isn't also available on Android. Who at Orange thought this would be a great idea?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where is the upside

for the users? Many shows already have value-added content.

1. Bakunin
      Trollface

Re: Where is the upside

Many shows lack content, let alone "added" content.

5. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Isnt this what Zeebox does but without the need of the camera pointing at the TV? (And ZeeBox can even change the channel for you if you have TiVo...)

6. Rich 2 Silver badge
    WTF?

Why?

Why on Earth would anyone want to use this? By "anyone", I mean the bod watching telly, not the program makers/advertisers.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Great

Now Orange are trying to spam up Facebook and Twitter more than it already is with moronic talk about whatever drivel is currently on TV.

8. theloon
    FAIL

Massive #FAIL

6 months till they remove the service..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like