back to article Microsoft delays license price hike for current SPLA users

Microsoft has given customers locked into existing contracts for the Service Provider Licensing Agreement (SPLA) a six month grace period before they feel the brunt of its licensing price hike. The vendor confirmed last week it set to align list prices across the EU to the Euro from the start of July, raising the cost of its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

pricing consistency with USA?

Any figures on how proposed pricing compares with USA pricing for identical products?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not quite true

The only way for hosting providers to get a price freeze on SPLA until January is to provide Microsoft with a list of clients! Unfortunately Microsoft has no data protection agreement for this client list and cannot guarantee that they won't use said customer list to advertise their own services (eg. Asure) to your clients.

I can easily see Microsoft's SPLA income rising 34.1% in July and then falling by 5% each month whilst these customers move to more appropriate solutions (Linux).

3. gerryg

I'm quoting but I wish I'd said it

Is the definition of a monopoly a firm that can raise prices 29% during a recession?

4. Danny 14

aye

Phoenix already knew this, or at least did when I asked (renewal in August.)

5. yossarianuk
    Linux

No increase from my suppliers....

Centos, Ubuntu, Debian all seem to have kept their prices £ 0.00.

And what exactly are Microsoft 'customers' getting for the extra cash ??? (I take it not the ability to simply migrate a machine ...)

I'm sure the Microsoft customers (farmed idiots) will welcome the chance to give a monopoly even more cash that they can use to launch yet more legal attacks to suppress innovation of mankind.

1. Schultz
      Megaphone

And what exactly are Microsoft 'customers' getting for the extra cash ???

A free gratuity phone running WP8.

Ooh no, they hand the money over to Nokia to run a PR campaign, so I guess you'll have to buy the phone separately.

2. asdf
      Trollface

Re: No increase from my suppliers....

Yep now is a great time to go over your trial Linux rollout program with your friendly Microsoft sale drone.

6. Mr Anonymous

Looks like MS have postponed the SPLA increase for 6 months.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Value consitency

I see this as a fully justified increase in the financial numeration leverage channel customer facing interface exchange valuation quantification.

Entirely in keeping with previous value-add offerings from this going forward looking 360 degree capitalization embraced re-enumeration hierarchy positive organisation with benefits.

Posted 4AM UK time

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like