back to article Chair-tossing Steve flings surfer Steve onto Microsoft board

Snowboarder, surfer, documentary filmmaker and sports team investor Steve Luczo has joined Microsoft's board... there are two Steves on it now. He also runs Seagate, by the way. Shy and retiring Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said in a canned quote: "As the leader of a global company with more than 50,000 employees, with deep …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jeebus

You know announcing a Seagate partner on the same day an Apple hard drive failure rate of 1% was announced is the exact opposite way to poke fun at the issue.

2. Silverburn
    Mushroom

Jeez, talk about the most boring canned statement ever.

Why not something like "We don't know what the f* we're doing. Maybe blonde here can help us".

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

So it wasn't the beer afterall!

I knew that Win7 booted much faster ever since I used these Seagate disks (and had a few beers, but obviously that had nothing to do with it ;-))!

4. Peter Simpson 1

How long will he last?

Before he "Leaves to pursue other business interests" and SteveB "Wishes him success in his future endeavours"?

5. mark 63 Silver badge
    Pirate

"President, chairman and CEO "

wow , next stop admiral of the universe!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Indeed - I saw that and was reminded of Field Marshal El-Haj Prof. Dr. Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC.

6. Armando 123

Met him once

Most years I get passes to Gasoline Alley through a friend who works for Firestone. Luczo was once a partner in Dragon Racing (which was then Luczo Dragon Racing) and I spoke to him for a few minutes on pole day. Nice guy, but preoccupied with downforce at the time, for some reason.

1. Armando 123

Re: Met him once

Oh, I should have added that this was at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and it was pole day for the Indianapolis 500. Kind of an important day in INDYCAR racing.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Met him once

Well that's his first problem right there...he should have been more preoccupied with drag, it being pole day and all.

It was years ago, I got out of the industry before the remainder of my soul got sucked out by cookie cutter Midwest races, and I've gotten better, honest Officer.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Certianly got a way with words,

That Ballmer. eh?

8. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

"and millions of copies of Microsoft's Windows operating system..."

"...RE-boot off several thousand Seagate disk drives every day

9. Ole Juul

Aw come on

Can't we get at least one really insightful or perhaps hilariously funny comment on this one? Or is it just too hard to think of something in this case?

10. Doug Glass
    Go

Corporate ...

... incest. All over again. No wonder the brainpower of the various boards is degraded and diluted so badly.

11. Nuke
    Thumb Down

That's it ..

.. the last time I buy a Seagate HD. I don't know what dirty tricks might now be put into hidden sectors. Similar to UEFI Secure Boot stuff perhaps.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sociopath with anger management issues...

...joins extreme narcissist with cash flow problems for a fun-filled quarter of adventure and thrills for all the corporate family.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Time for a new OS

With Seagate and MS in bed together I'm finally moving away from all things Microsoft.

Fuck 'em both!

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Time for a new OS

Build a new Virtual OS for IntelAIgent Machines with the Internet and Webs the Hardware and Plain Text Steganographically Coded Messages and Missions, ITs SMARTR Driver Ware, Virtual Vapourware, for Tomorrow Delivers New Instruction in Simply Complex Transparent Text/Illuminated Script.

Every day, a new and different world to mould for fabulous growth, peace and prosperity, which all sounds so heavenly and devilishly difficult in hellish tasks but ridiculously easy in Greater IntelAIgent Games Play for Virtual Reality Presentation of a Newly Invented Future for Replacement of a Tired Old Now?

Provide that to either Seagate or MS, AC, and your final wish is probably certainly guaranteed, and to be well enjoyed :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like