back to article Microsoft mulls phone-style contracts for Xbox

Microsoft has plans for a subscription package that'll offer customers an Xbox 360 console and Kinect add-on, as well as access to the Xbox Live Gold service and media content, for a monthly fee. The two-year Xbox subscription could be launched in the US as early as next week, the Verge reports. Microsoft will punt a 4GB Xbox …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 4
    Facepalm

Oh for fuck's sake....

Seriously?

It's bad enough that we can't even sell on or pass on our games anymore and now you want us to rent our fucking consoles as well?

1. Dave's Jubblies
      Thumb Down

Re: Oh for fuck's sake....

Yes... that's it... because that is now the only option isn't it???

RTFA...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm guessing

they have a VERY big warehouse full of entry level consoles and crappy Kinect's to get rid of...

Are people REALLY this stupid to pay over the odds for a entry level Xbox, and a Kinect with nothing but supporting shovelware?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I'm guessing

In before Barry Shitpeas comes along to slate the world's best selling console and accessory - oh balls. Too late. You're on fire today Barry. Shame it's not literally on fire.

1. Anonymous Coward
        FAIL

Re: I'm guessing

" the world's best selling console"

Errm, you do realise the Xbox360 is now firmly in last place this generation?

I'm guessing you are American and have been brainwashed by Microsoft's cherrypicked US-only NPD numbers....

Congratulations for winning the Shitpeas EPIC FAIL of the week award.

3. Jordan Davenport
    Facepalm

Look at the savings!

At full MSRP, taxes excluded, you save a whole... -$24.03... over those two years! With this bundle, you'd spend a total of $459 for the setup over two years versus the $299.99 for the same console and Kinect bundle, $74.99 for the 12-month Gold starter kit with mic and keypad, and $59.99 for the additional 12-month Gold card, a grand total of $434.97.

Or... you could get it off Amazon right now and pay $283..40 for the system and Kinect, for the starter kit, and $48.41 for the additional 12 months gold card, a total cost of $394.59 with free shipping.

Eh, whatever. It's not as if the average person does math (or maths, if you will) anyway.

1. Jordan Davenport

Re: Look at the savings!

I really should've proof-read that a bit better. Two decimals in one number and forgot to put the $62.78 price for the starter kit. I'll just blame this cold that won't go away.

2. Cave Dweller

"Eh, whatever. It's not as if the average person does math (or maths, if you will) anyway."

This is the relationship between fools and money in a nutshell. Heck, I've had more than a few occasions of watching a customer in McDonalds (as an Englishman, I sometimes crave bland dissapointment) order a burger, fries, and drink individually, and pay 'idiot tax'.

Makes a great business case for all the 'payday' loan companies that have sprung over the past few years.

1. LinkOfHyrule
        Coat

Why not just stick a coin slot on the bloody thing and send a bloke round every fortnight to empty it!

"Afternoon miss, just to come to empty ya box!"

"What day is the Microsoft man due?"

"Hello, xbox customer support - I've got a serious blockage, can you come quickly!"

Mines the one with pockets full of 50p coins!

4. M7S
    Meh

National (well, BT) infrastructure protects me from such deals

naff all decent broad where I live.

5. W.O.Frobozz
    FAIL

Go Microsoft!!!

Let's see...blocking the ability to play second-hand games, and now cellphone-style contracts? What could possibly go wrong? Everyone loves contracts...

Oh well there's always the PS4...crap.

Oh well there's always PC gam...double crap.

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Contracts = Pikey idiot tax

Look at the people paying £800 for their iPhones to work out that contracts are for idiots that can't add up, or pikeys living beyond their means.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like