back to article Crocodoc tries to take bite out of Adobe dominance

Crocodoc is looking to take a big chunk out of Adobe's market share with an HTML5 viewing and annotation system for PDFs and Office documents that eliminates plug-ins or vulnerable software. "I think we beat Adobe to the punch," CEO Ryan Damico told The Register. "We're taken a file format that they've created that's now an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ScissorHands
    FAIL

Even more fudging of "HTML5"

An "HTML5" viewer that needs platform-specific apps? Doesn't that kind of make everything a bit moot?

2. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

"...it would get rid of the threats that Adobe's code has been coming under."

Yeah, 'cos nobody's ever found a way of pwning a system via a browser, have they?

3. Irongut

eliminates plug-ins or vulnerable software?

Sounds to me like you still need Reader for pdfs not stored in their cloud so it hardly eliminates it does it?

1. Brewster's Angle Grinder Silver badge

Re: eliminates plug-ins or vulnerable software?

And for attachments to emails...

4. Crisp

Clicked on this article expecting a CrocoDuck story

I would have liked a Crocoduck story.

5. Forget It
    Go

Do Crocs eat foxes too?

FoxIt PDF reader is now up to scratch replacing Adobe Bloat Reader - at least on Windows

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Dutch Coward
        Happy

Re: Fox-it

Sumatrapdf... not as bloated as Fox-It ;)

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

PDFXchange Viewer for me

Lots of features, without every seeming as bloated as Adobr Reader

2. Tom yng Nghymru

Foxit

I have to use some fairly complicated PDF forms and whilst Foxit is good, it falls down sometimes when dealing with these forms which leaves me no choice but to use Acrobat Reader for those forms. Not sure if that is the fault of Foxit or the way the forms have been created, but either way I have use those forms so whose to blame is irrelevant.

6. tommydokc
    Pint

PDFXchange Viewer for me 2

I used to use Foxit but discovered the much better PDFXchange. Been using it for several yrs now. hands down the best IMHO.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like