back to article REVEALED: Samsung Galaxy S III is a PHONE

Samsung formally unveils its Galaxy S III device later this week, but already the blogosphere is alive with rumours that the gadget will be some sort of phone. Literally hundreds of people have clicked on links to stories showing pictures of what is clearly a phone with the word 'Samsung' written on it and the words 'Galaxy S …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DrXym

Who'd have thought it

Samsung is attracting the same sort of hype that is usually reserved for Apple.

1. DAN*tastik
      FAIL

Re: Who'd have thought it

And it's also going the same direction.

I was cycling through Piccadilly Circus on Tuesday and in their big LED thing they were advertising their new laptop. Talking about memory? No. Processor? No. Hard drive? No. OS? No. Useful things? NO. Weight? No. Aerodynamic design? Yes.

I thought it was the rust in the chain that was making it harder to pedal, but I was wrong... It's because I keep my old plasticky hp open on my handle bar.

2. James Delaney

Sounds like a Daily Mash story

It reads like a parody of typically Apple hype?

3. Thecowking

I would have thought

That the author being "Lee Kuh" would have given the game away.

4. Peter Storm
    Trollface

Samsung Galaxy S III

At last. The new poor man's iphone.

5. dotdavid
    Thumb Up

Galaxy TV

"Many readers expressed fears that the incoming handset might look "like a TV""

Actually not an altogether-silly fear, considering the recent trends in smartphone screen sizes.

6. Sid James
    Happy

no invite?

Did Samsung forget to invite you then?

7. nozzo
    Thumb Down

nope...

didn't get it.

8. MrT
    Megaphone

I remember telephones...

... this can't be one - where's the dial? And how do you get the operator without the headpiece cradle to rattle...?

<--- take two of these and join with a string. Keep it tight and watch out for corners.

9. John Browne 1
    Unhappy

Damn!

I was sure it would look exactly like the portable TV in Doctor Who's "The Idiot's Lantern".

10. PeterM42
    Thumb Up

If it is even better than a Galaxy S II..............

.............then it will be FANTASTIC. I have an S II and wonder why anyone would want an (inferior) iPhone where you cannot change the battery, or the memory card, are are locked into Apple for all sorts of things, etc., etc.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like