back to article Bloke takes missus up the Oxo Tower

Any reader who has a special date coming up - perhaps a wedding anniversary or other half's birthday - could do worse than consider taking a trip up the Oxo Tower, which comes highly recommended down at Restaurant-Guide.com: Reviews of the Oxo Tower on Restaurant-Guide.com For those of you not au fait with the Oxo Tower, it' …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cameron Colley

Old as the hills...

I've seen this crop up a few times over the past 5 years -- still the dog story is a new twist on the "my boyfriend took me up the Oxo Tower on my birthday and I wouldn't let him take me anywhere else" review that is re-added every so often.

2. Nic
    Thumb Up

As my friends have always said...

"Try the brown wings". It sounds like taking my wife up the Oxo tower will be the best place get to them.

3. Philip

Oxo Tower Review

Here's the original from about 5 years ago - funnier and much better-written than these me-toos:

"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!"

4. b166er
    Coat

Bisto kids gone bad

Reading these comments and taking stock of the situation, it seems taking someone up the OXO tower is just gravy.

Minicab!

5. Mark

Obligatory

What's the difference between Dirty Harry and Gay sex?

One promises to make your day, the other makes your whole week.

6. Dominic Sayers

The old ones are the best

I remember a similar review at least 5 years ago. I wonder what's made it go round again this time?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Ah, yes

I remember taking my missus up the Oxo Tower. She said it made her whole week.

Mine's the latex wetsuit with the arse cut out of it...

8. Ian Peters

?? Is Lester angling for a free meal

or has he had one already?....... Is the Inq getting paid for this advert?

Mind you, it doesn't say if they are recommending the ovepriced restaurant or the overpriced bistro section.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm

Sounds like a bum deal to me

10. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

"I decided to take my dog up the Oxo Tower recently"

Lester, well done. This must be an absolute all-time low. Even for you.

11. supermeerkat
    Happy

These may well be the greatest reviews...

...ever penned by humanity. It's made my day. But then I am puerile.

12. B Johnson
    Black Helicopters

My favourite

Review by Betty H (8 August 2006)

My husband has been trying to take me to the OXO tower for ages, but I always refused in favour of more traditional fare... However last Friday I finally relented and he got his way for his birthday surprise!

I must say, having never experienced it before, I was a little unsure of what to expect, but him being a regular, showed me what a comfortable place it was, provided you were situated well.

And what a wonderful time we had! My only regret is that I spilt some Claret over the table, and some fell on my husband, but that proved OK as the restroom facilities were more than adequate.

In conclusion, I had a great nosh-up after the fuss with the wine and my husband said he'll definitely be going back for more. Everyone should try the OXO tower once in their lives, they might just like it!

13. spezzer
    Thumb Up

I havent seen this before...

and it is soooo hilarious - I asked my colleague if he knew of the Oxo Tower - he innocently replied that he was taken up there by a business client and didnt even have to pay!

This topic is closed for new posts.