back to article Dr. Web disputes Flashback Mac Trojan bot army estimates

Efforts by Apple and anti-virus vendors to kill the vast botnet assembled by notorious Flashback Mac Trojan may be much less successful than previously thought. Symantec last week suggested the Mac botnet shrank from a peak of 670,000 to 140,000 following the release of clean-up tools. But the Russian anti-virus firm Dr. Web …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Go on Apple, Imagine all the possible lawsuits if you patent botnets!

1. Steve Todd
      Happy

Nah, they'd never get it passed the patent examiners

Theres too much prior art in the Windows world

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Botnets patented?

Yea, why can't they be like a real company and make things and sell them, instead of piggy-backing off other peoples Intellectual Ventures ;)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

meh...

All I can say is that the measly 6 macs under my control are not infected. And no, I will not be installing any anti malware software. I like to live on the edge :-)

The 600 Windows clients OTOH need a good disinfectant from time to time, there's only so much edge one man can deal with.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: meh...

So whats your ips address please ?

Also I have a bridge to sell youo

5. Mick F
    Thumb Up

Gone in a month

We just took over a small company with 50 mac's that we turned into scrap within 4 weeks. No good to man nor beast.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Gone in a month

It's good to see someone stick to their principles, even at the expense of the good money they'd have got from flogging 50 Macs on eBay. Well done you! 50 less Macs in the world and the warm glow you've got from not selling them on to poor benighted fools willing to part with real cash.

6. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Happy

With all this rain, I could do with a new Mac

dooby dooby doo

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like