back to article FIVE-day ZoneEdit outage freezes thousands of sites

Hundreds of thousands of websites have been hit by an unexplained outage at DNS services provider ZoneEdit, with users seeing five full days of downtime. While the 600,000 customer domains ZoneEdit looks after were all apparently still resolving during the outage, users were been able to log into their accounts to make updates …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lee Dowling Silver badge

"cheap and cheerful"

There's your problem, right there.

1. graeme leggett Silver badge

I'll raise you

a "you get what you pay for"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They have no credible service status page. Their uptime and their customer service was lacking, hence moved from their service some time ago. Still got credits there though...

re "you get what you pay for" & "cheap and cheerful": unless you have their company accounts I do not think you can say that, since extrapolating their income vs estimated costs I would imagine they have plenty of cash to pay for support services. I suspect dotster just milk it since buying it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

if its that big a deal surely people could pay about a fiver set up alternate dns and change the nameservers in a few hours. why pretend to be helpless for days when you've hundreds of users its moronic.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Possibly upgrading to IPv6 and making a complete arse of things. There seems to be a lot of it about at the moment.

5. Herby

As the saying goes...

Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick two.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

no SLA.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Actually Quite Good

I've used ZoneEdit for at least ten years with excellent results. Five days is an awfully long outage, but it's the first significant outage I've seen from them.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like