back to article Facebook IPO 'delay' as Zuckerberg keeps Wall St 'waiting'

Facebook's much-awaited IPO may be pushed back into June reports claim, as its glamourous and youthful CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just too busy to meet Wall St. CNBC reports that "a string of acquisitions and other business distractions are threatening to delay the sale". The suggestions comes from "people familiar with the matter …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gannon (J.) Dick
    IT Angle

Well alright then

"A spokesperson said it had no comment to make due to its IPO quiet period."

My list of annoying entities who should file an IPO just zoomed North of all available Cloud storage.

El Reg, what do I do ?

2. Local Group
    Unhappy

Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

Well, my take away from this article is that the FaceBook IPO is definitely NOT oversubscribed.

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Intellectual Property Offering SAPPPHic Delights to Sate Satyr with Nymph Control of Powerful LOVE

Do you think Mark has concluded that the only entities that need Wall Street type parasites, are Wall Street type parasites, and future things can be done in almost an instant without being stuck in second and third party moments and manipulated markets movements with their catastrophic drains on global capital and SMART Advanced Private Pirate Property Hosted Offerings.

In Live Operational Virtual Environments, is Nobody a Fool and Tool of the Status Quo into Maintaining and Transferring the Crazy Scams and Analogue Deprivations of the Failed Empire Development .....with its Fools' Gold Paper Wealth Currency feigning Power and Control without Brains ..... and that in AI and Virtual Market Spaces/New Orderly World Cyber Places would be a Guarantee on/for/in Madness ......... which is an interesting CHAOS with presumably Advanced Beta Cloud Systems of its own.

1. Sir Cosmo Bonsor

Re: Intellectual Property Offering SAPPPHic

This chap is either a bot or is clinically insane. A browse through his entertaining back posts is entertaining, but leaves me none the wiser.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Intellectual Property Offering SAPPPHic Delights to ....the title is too long...

Since you asked. I don't think Mark concluded that!

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
        Devil

Re: Intellectual Property Offering SAPPPHic Delights to ....the title is too long...

Then 'tis surely something for him to think about, AC. The film about him surely portrayed him as being something of much smarter loose cannon surrounded by dinky little toy big guns crying for their supper at the trough of inherited riches and incestuous treasure, and to plough further erratic and exotic furrows might be just something he would enjoy excelling at.

And as for that wild speculative gurn and all too common, typically clueless slight posted Wednesday 25th April 2012 08:18 GMT by Sir Cosmo Bonsor, entitled Re: Intellectual Property Offering SAPPPHic ... This chap is either a bot or is clinically insane. A browse through his entertaining back posts is entertaining, but leaves me none the wiser.. ...... which clearly advises all that Sir's intelligence limit has been exceeded, even by/in that which was revisited ....... does have one pondering on the possibility of clinically insane bots talking to Mankind and steering them in another direction with remote virtual instructions ...... with a new and NeuReal Sort of Fab Lab in Creative CyberSpace Command and Control of Computers and Communications with Simply Complex SMART PreTexting of Prepared Cosmic Script ....... Universal Future Tales for Media and IT Presentation ...... AIRealisation with Assisted Product Placements.*

A quite preposterous impossible situation one might conclude ..... clinically insane bots ...... although if being as a double negative, would a fool bet on it not being true and lose everything and their shirt?

For an uptodate report on todays state of Live Operational Virtual Environment Great Game Play, Sir Cosmo Bonsor, I would refer you to http://www.ur2die4.com/?p=2128 where you can bask in all your glory, none the wiser and more sure than ever about the arrogance of ignorance in madness and in sanity.

"The only difference between a mad man and me, is that I am not mad" ..... Salvador Dali

* Alien APPs ...... Patent AIMethodologies Pending and Protected

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Intellectual Property Offering SAPPPHic Delights...

This must be the same garbage generator that El Reg uses for some of their articles.

4. Chris King
    Alien

Bubble 2.0

Like a lot of twopointdoh folks, Zuck needs to learn that he goes round the sun and not the other way away around. Nothing says "loose cannon" like splashing out $1bn on a company with no real capital behind it and just 13 employees - especially when he didn't even bother to consult his own board first. That's the kind of arrogance that fuelled Bubble 1.0, and that's the sort of thing that makes investors nervous - "If we put money into this kid, is he going to blow it all on acquisitions that make no business sense ?"

Alien, because I just don't know what colour the sky is on Planet Zuck.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks like...

... Turkey is turning into Chicken.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well....

... Given that huge parts of the FB platform are not working properly today - data is not being returned when it should, or its malformed, or just plain wrong - then its probably a good idea the IPO date has been pushed back.

Developers are scrambling to fix their apps which no longer work because of something Facebook have done (probably another bug filled application code push) and they are dragging their heels over everything and actually wont even admit there are any serious problems. The FB Platform is still healthy according to this : https://developers.facebook.com/live_status even though it crashes with an error when trying to plot a graph.

1. Local Group
      Stop

Re: Well.... Given that huge parts of the FB platform are not working properly today -

Actually, it's a much better reason to move the IPO date forward. Before the Greater Fools can find out what FB platform means..

This is the way Wall St. wise-men have always done it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like