back to article Lloyds TSB in mass-mailer sense of humour shocker

Who'd have believed it: UK banking conglomerate Lloyds TSB has decided to celebrate the New Year by getting itself a sense of humour. Try this grab of a mass mailer, forwarded by reader Andrew Pearce: Here is another advert for something you've already got Yes indeed. The cunning part of the plan is to use the "title" …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Love it

Love it. Ran to check my gmail as soon as I saw the article. Low and behold, there it was from Lloyds-TSB, though with one small difference.

My filters are set to not show any image straight away, so I didn't even get the Title tag dipslayed, it went straight to Alternate Text. Brightened up the office for what is left of my afternoon.

2. Dan Halford

And another...

Many moons ago, when the world was young and banks still used snail mail for marketing, another UK highstreet bank sent out a letter to its most well-off customers offering them some exclusive private banking thing.

The letter was drafted out in whatever WP package they were using with the intention of performing a mail merge later. Unfortunately, someone forgot to remove the joke salutation prior to doing the print run.

All in all, several thousand letters bearing the greeting "Dear Rich Bastard" were sent out. Rumour has it, it was one of the most successful mail campaigns the bank operated, as just about every recipient found it funny.

3. Mike Taylor

Humourless comment

It's a pretty good description of the product, I reckon. A loan to cover things you've already bought?

This topic is closed for new posts.