back to article Intel to ship 30 MILLION Ultrabooks in 2012 - report

Intel has reportedly estimated that Ultrabook shipments will not exceed 30 million in 2012, a figure which could be some way lower than the one bandied about by CEO Paul Otellini, who predicted that 40 per cent of consumer notebooks would be Ultrabooks by the end of the year. The reports admittedly came from the rather dubious …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert E A Harvey
    FAIL

letterbox screens?

They won't be selling one to me as long as they insist I only need 600 or 700 vertical pixels.

Give me a 12" one with the same number of dots per inch as modern phones and I will have their hands off, mind.

2. Peter 48

not happening

until they stick a decent graphics chip in these things and a decent, high res screen they certainly are not getting any custom from me.

1. Hardcastle the ancient
      FAIL

Re: not happening

Yep. Playschool graphics are for playschools

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

even £699 seems too expensive, by a long way

1. Robert E A Harvey
      Pirate

ipud pricing, I reckon

4. Khaptain Silver badge
    FAIL

30 Million in 2012

Well something I do know is that no-one in my entourage will be part of that 30 Million in 2012.

I no longer hear any chit-chat or am asked any advice about buying personal laptops anymore. It's almost as if Joe Public has lost his interest, laptops in general seem have lost their appeal. Professionals still care but their companies provide the corporate Latitudes and Thinkpads , not the Ultrabooks.

I wonder who the target market is and who it was that was "Thrilled with the reception of their Ultrabook" ?

5. Hardcastle the ancient
    FAIL

'ang on

Is it just me or is 2012 a third done already? How is it going so far, lads? I've only seen one and that was at Dixons in Thiefrow. And that didn't work.

And do Intel ship any Ultrabooks? or is it their customers?

6. Smartypantz
    Thumb Down

Optional

There isno such thing as an "UltraBook"

It is just the wet dream of a bunch of marketing assholes!

An "Ultrabook" is just what i laptop computer SHOULD be like in 2012:

decent screen, great performance and lightweight. Nothing more

WTF?

regards

Hamsjael

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like