back to article Cray taps Microsoft parallel guru as CTO

Supercomputer maker Cray has been looking around for a new CTO since last August, and has now decided that the best candidate for the job was right there at the company, and has chosen William Blake for the role. No, not the English poet and painter, but the former general manager of the Parallel Computing Group at Microsoft, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Time to short Cray

Given the stellar(*) results Nokia has had with an ex-Microsoft person in a C-Level position, I'd say it's time to short Cray stock.

(*) black holes are stellar, as are supernova.

1. Gordon 10

Re: Time to short Cray

This guy seems more of a credible ex-engineer than a bean counting idiot like Elop.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Coming up: Windows 8 Server tax with every Cray supercomputer.

2. Lars Silver badge

Looking at his background I feel the header was unfair.

2. Francis Vaughan

Time to take a long position

With a pedigree like that, I'm sure William Blake was probably wondering just how he ended up at MS, and has been looking for a suitable time to jump ship. Given he never actually asked to be at MS I don't think he can be tarred with the same brush as some other exports from Redmond. There is a certain irony in getting someone from MS, given that they stole Burton Smith from Cray. Burton was arguably one of the last real technical visionaries of supercomputing. Sadly he was probably just looking for a sinecure and has been happy to quietly ossify.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like