back to article AssangeTM TV broadcasts this week

The spotlight on Julian Assange is on high beam, this time masterminded by his own content production efforts. Assange warned us in January that he would be launching his own pirate TV talk show. This Tuesday (April 17) the hotly anticipated production will go live, branded The World Of Tomorrow. To whet our appetite, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Suburban Inmate
    Thumb Up

Really looking forward to this with interest. I'm not saying I'll agree with everything, but this is definitely an intriguing development.

Well done Julian!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The scum leading the dumb

It should be fun to see how many more criminal charges are filed after he opens his mouth and hangs himself.

3. Local Group
    Trollface

The Notorious Mystery Guest Revealed

Lord Chief Justice Igor Judge

At least that's the betting in Las Vegas

1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Re: The Notorious Mystery Guest Revealed

Mwah. With the way Assange(tm) has been going about things I would not be surprised if it was Abu Hamza - another one off his rocker and absolutely desperate for any attention..

No, wait - with that definition there is another possibility: it *could* be Ken Livingstone..

(busy donning flameproof vest)..

4. B-D

"iconoclasts, visionaries and power insiders"

In London?, so that'll be Kate Moss, A LastDitch Web 2.0'er and Boris Johnson.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "iconoclasts, visionaries and power insiders"

London does have buses and trains, and roads and Boris bikes, and even some airports. Its not that hard to get to for outsiders; though I can't see why anyone would want to go unless they're being paid which Assange's guests probably are. Its a shit hole full of shit heads but I'm trying to be fair here.

Anyway, the show does sound a bit dreary but I do look forward to it with just a little hope that one day someone will produce a TV IT\Tech\Internet show that isn't produced by arts grads and isnt terminally naff except to 3 year olds and cats that like to watch flashy colours and sounds. Maybe this is it.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does he sing and dance...

...like a clown or just talk smack?

6. Mystic Megabyte

Julian Assange and David Icke battle the lizard people

Now that *would* be the worst film never made. Even worse if Steven Segal was the slayer :(

7. JMB

New record set for lowest number of viewers of a TV programme?

8. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

May the viewing figures for this program..

.. follow the same curve as a recently launched North Korean rocket..

By the way, I noticed an interesting bias in the article:

"Assange, is still creatively languishing under UK house arrest awaiting a decision on possible extradition to Sweden over TRUMPED UP ALLEGATIONS of sexual assault."

Err, nope. This is 100% according to Swedish law, and Assange had every opportunity to avoid the charge - it was all in the paperwork that leaked, much to Assange's chagrin. If he had had any decency (which is where the problem seems to lie) he would have had himself tested, but because he didn't the charge automatically escalated. He had a lawyer in Sweden, so it's unlikely he didn't know this would happen. Nothing trumped up about it.

(I forgot to mention that he has not been formally charged, but is presently wanted for questioning) This strikes me as reasonably correct: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11946652

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

@ Fred Flintstone

If they only want to ask him some questions then why cant they just go see he where he is? It would be a lot cheaper. Might help things move forward a bit.

Re: @ Fred Flintstone

Nope for doing it in the UK - has to do with sovereignty of a state and so on.

Assange(tm) could have solved the issue there and then if he hadn't fled Sweden. Given what is known of the case it seems likely he could have had his blood tested, pick up at most a fine and a ticking off from a judge and be in his way in days.

You cannot ask the Swedes to travel where the original cause was Assange fleeing instead of having himself tested. As a matter of fact, if he had bothered to do it when in the UK could have helped as well, but that would have taken away his opportunity to be splattered all over the press with wild accusations about US plots. He couldn't miss up on that free publicity - after all, he had a book to sell. Not that it helped..

9. Thomas 4

Hmmmm....

"Trumped up allegations of sexual assault"?

While he is facing a charge of sexual assault, should you really be saying whether it's trumped up or not?

1. Inachu
      Meh

Re: Hmmmm....

Even the women he allegedly assaulted do not want to see him go to jail.

Which proves he is not a bad guy and does not deserve this treatment by non european govts.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Hmmmm....

It does appear to be a peculiarly technical form of assault which doesn't actually involve real forced physical assault and which allows someone to decide after the fact 'Hey! I think I was assaulted!' I think it may even undermine the seriousness of real assaults by bringing what seem to be trivial matters to such prominence.

10. The People
    Thumb Up

So many digs from

so many jealous corrupt journalists and dimwits out there. The rest of us, well we hope Assange stays true to his self and his transparent and scientific approach to journalism. Go Assange !

1. IHateWearingATie
      Thumb Down

Re: So many digs from

Stays true to himself??? I get the impression that the majority of his actions are driven by arrogance, ego and a massive need to self promote.

Just because he has done (arguably) good things such as wikileaks, doesn't mean the man himself isn't an utter twerp and vanity projects such as this shouldn't be derided and mocked.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

<QUOTE>doesn't mean the man himself isn't an utter twerp and vanity projects such as this shouldn't be derided and mocked.</QUOTE>

Why not wait until you've actually seen and heard the program before you deride and mock. Deriding before anything has even been seen just exhibits your own prejudice and will just make you look silly if it actually turns out good. I will admit that's an outside chance, but, still...It could happen...

2. Local Group
        Stop

" his actions are driven by arrogance, ego and a massive need to self promote."

So were Napoleon's, who gave the French something to be proud of after the events of the late 18th century. The French lost at Waterloo, but today they are the nation of the chocolate souffle and not the English Spotted Dick, which makes you gag just to say it.

1. IHateWearingATie
          Thumb Down

Indeed, but the OP seemed to be suggesting he's more St Julian than a man so narcissistic that he applies to trademark his own name.

Oh and to the AC @ 16:22, I refer you to the last nine words from this quote from his press release: "This is an exciting opportunity to discuss the vision of my guests in a new style of show that examines their philosophies and struggles in a deeper and clearer way than has been done before"

If promising an amazing new way of interviewing that is better than all that has gone before doesn't deserve mocking, I don't know what does.

1. IHateWearingATie
            Thumb Down

And now I've watched it. And now I mock.

Softball questions, clearly agreed in advanced with no follow up or challenge. What's the point of him just asking pre-prepared questions? If you can't dig deeper into his answers, its just the equivalent of a prepared statement, not an interview.

Very poor performance.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Assange has always been evil and has a history of such. He is no savior. He is an egomaniac. If he's so "transparent" why is he fighting extradition to Sweden to face rape charges? It's time to get real.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Evil? Are you sure? I think his targets better fit that description than he does. I don't think he ever killed anyone, either directly or indirectly, unlike those he opposes. And it isn't rape charges either.

11. Rushyo
    FAIL

"Trumped up allegations of sexual assault"

Ah, my dear friend objective journalistic impartiality... where art thou?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Don't let the facts get in front of a good bias

Why would you want The rag to report accurate information when they can slant the story to match their bias?

Re: Don't let the facts get in front of a good bias

I don't think it was intentional, but it's a good example of how an opinion can sway the tone of an article.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like