back to article Microsoft details Halo 4 release

Microsoft has said that the keenly awaited Halo 4 will be launched worldwide on 6 November 2012. The Master Chief's next outing will see MS' in-house developer 343 Industries' raise the standard of "blockbuster interactive entertainment", the software giant said. Of course it will. Set four years after the events that take …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Studley

Confusion?

> the new adventure promises to clear up confusion surrounding the fate of the Master Chief and his AI companion, Cortana

What confusion would that be then? Does nobody watch games until the end of the credits any more?

The Chief's last words were "wake me when you need me" - words which were seemingly aimed at Microsoft, given all the "this will be Master Chief's final adventure" spiel in the run-up to Halo 3. (A precedent which presumably means that Commander Shepard will return in Mass Effect 4 in 2016.)

2. W.O.Frobozz

Oh well, since Guitar Hero is dead...

...time to flog another old cash cow, right MS? Shocked, I am...I thought Kinect slave Leia would be a blockbuster hit.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

More dull plot

Absolutely love the Halo multiplayer "deathmatch" modes especially when played with chums. Hope they don't go even more overboard on DLC this time that not everyone downloads thus fragmenting the experience and causing people to drift off to other games.

Can't stand all the ultra sincere campaign guff so can't really comment on those.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: More dull plot

Agreed- like The Matrix, the plot of the first episode worked very well - you knew who was where the goodies and roughly what said goodies had to do. When the plot gets expanded out for sequals,I quickly lose track of things.

And yep, 343i really messed up the DLC deployment. Those who've bought it find the population in each lobby too low to get a game.

4. Greg J Preece

Oh Christ, I had hoped this hugely overrated piece-of-shit series was dead and buried...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Afraid not.

In the same way Instagram was coveted by iPhone owners, not because it was any good, but because it was exclusive and using/playing it showed brand loyalty and "cred", both were set up above their station,

I have played all of them, and they all are rather "meh". If you compare say Resistance 3 on the PS3 to the last Halo game, Halo is VERY dated and frankly shit.

5. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Trollface

Master Chief is back

Smörebröd,Smörebröd-Römpömpöm!

6. Ben Alderson

Wallhack!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Keenly awaited?

Says who? and Microsoft PR spin masters or those influenced by them don't count.

This is a tired franchise that should have died years ago.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: Keenly awaited?

Keenly awaited is what Bungie's next outing is, now that they're not tied to MS (and in the same building as the Skyrim team.) Known as 'Destiny', it seems to be some sort massively multilayer on-line galaxy-exploring trading space combat game, possibly, maybe hopefully.

A fleshed-out 'Elite', in other words.

8. Jeffrey Jefferson
    Thumb Up

Halo 3 was a pretty decent game, Reach wasn't terrible but could have been better. Hope this one lives up to expectations.

1. Inachu
      Coffee/keyboard

even better!

I think a 3D version of Plants VS Zombies would be even better!

running around shooting pea pods at zombies YEAH!!!!

9. Caff

wp8

Now they just need to get a Halo windows phone tie in and it'll surely shift a ton of the phones

10. Inachu
    Facepalm

oh no not again.

Look...

I like Halo A lot!

So much I bought version 1,2,3 and any map addons.

But I feel left out in the cold so I am no longer going to buy it if there is no PC version.

The technology is there to support PC version with enhanced security using MS login routines.

Microsoft really knows how to alienate its user base.

1. LINCARD1000
      Windows

Re: oh no not again.

Agreed - although IANAP (I am not a programmer) I wouldn't have thought the cost to port from the XBox to the PC would be that expensive. And while the PC version wouldn't necessarily sell as well as the console version, there would still be *some* profit there, surely?

2. MJI Silver badge

Re: No PC version

They do not want to do this as Halo is a system seller. They want to sell the console more than the game

11. AlexS
    FAIL

In case anybody asks any questions

Has only been confirmed for XBOX 360.

12. JDX Gold badge

ChIef, damnit

Keep reading as MasterChef.

1. MJI Silver badge

Re: ChIef, damnit

So do I and I keep thinking of the slap head and his mate

13. This post has been deleted by its author

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not for me.

Unfortunately MS deemed PC owners unworthly of the conclusion to HALO. Haven't bought a MS game since. And don't plan to either.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like