back to article Google's top female cheese nominated to serve on Walmart board

Google veteran Marissa Mayer has been nominated to serve on the board of the world's biggest retailer Walmart. The multi-billion dollar outfit said its directors sought the election of Mayer to become the sixteenth member of the board. Voting will take place at Walmart's annual shareholders' meeting on 1 June, it added. Mayer …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LinkOfHyrule
    Happy

Damn you Register headline writters...

I thought this was going to be a story about Walmart execs selecting a red,blue,green and yellow Google cheese from the cheeseboard for pudding at the annual Walmart conference executive luncheon!

You guys really know how to dress up a boring story as something, well not sexy, but cheesy at least!

2. ItsNotMe
    Devil

Good combination...Google & Walmart

"I have long been a customer and admirer of the company."

Not a surprise here. Two companies who love to screw consumers...and other competing companies.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Good combination...Google & Walmart

There is an ancient observation (dating from the days of alchemists):

Like dissolves in alike.

Nuff said, me coat.

3. The Vociferous Time Waster
    Trollface

But...

I'd totally hit that.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

She looks a lot better than...

Anyone you could name on a company board. (For a moment, I thought of Steve Ballmer as a comparison, then I remembered I need to eat my dinner soon).

Seriously, worth a google for (ok, I know...) but significantly impressive lady. Doubt if I could think of a dozen like her. (As an avid reader, I love reading about great achievers - inspirational).

6. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

Attention Wal-Mart shoppers!

Suddenly Wal-Mart will justify adding GPS receivers to their carts so they can follow you around the store and detemine what you are looking at!!

Stev

1. stanimir
      Holmes

Re: Attention Wal-Mart shoppers!

You'd think that the GPS would be there to prevent cart theft

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

GPS does not work that well indoors.

If you want to track indoors you need WiFi data, Bluetooth and/or cellular (from picocells). This allows to pinpoint your location down to the isle and shelf you are looking at. All you need is to associate these MACs with a "body" and Google is one of the most obvious options to do this.

1. PatientOne

Try RFID and they're already using it. Don't need to put it on the carts - you're putting it *in* the carts when you shop.

7. Don Jefe
    Meh

GooGirl?

Isn't that what they used to call her? I liked that moniker...

8. jungle_jim
    Paris Hilton

slurp

she can slurp my load of (genetic) data any time she wants

9. Aqua Marina
    Trollface

Wonder that if...

... Marissa Mayer Nazi Sex videos started popping up, whether or not Google would suddenly find themselves able to exclude them from search results!!!!

10. s. pam Silver badge
    FAIL

Welcome to the Arse End of America

I bet she's really going to love the family-tree-is-vertical-only land known as Bentonville Arkansas. Completely teatottle, not a soul on the streets after 2000pm, a population that just looking at them can cause a Minerva-like experience awaits her. Don't forget the Hypocrisy-express that exists behind closed-doors, perhaps she can get into some fluid collection.

I went once to Wallyworld HQ, worst 32 hours of my life. Worse than marrying my Ex. Worse than a root canal via Uranus.

At least she'll have a map how to get to inbreed land!

11. Andy Livingstone

Time to Ponder

"2000pm" has to be 8 in the morning of the following day..

"Teatottle" - is that meant to be tottie for the young lady, or total?

"inbreed land" simply defies.

Is the Man from Mars back with us?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like