back to article Panasonic PT-AT5000E LCD projector

Panasonic has notched up some memorable firsts when it comes to home cinema projection. Not only was it the first brand to introduce a native 16:9 widescreen model, it led the way with Full HD too. Panasonic PT-AT5000E Full HD 3D home cinema projector Putting on a display: Panasonic's PT-AT5000E Its latest cineaste …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Gosnell

One pair of goggles...

... and a pack of Kleenex?

Sad.

2. Pen-y-gors

How much???

£3100!!!! and "this is a highly creditable alternative to far more expensive options."

The world's gone mad....

1. Citizen Kaned

Re: How much???

to be honest its a reasonable price for a quality home projector. ive seen people on AVF spend 3x that.

1. horse of a different colour
        Holmes

Re: How much???

AVF? Some sort of anti-psychotic drug?

3. Wize

Serial port?

Really? These days? No USB port? Pah.

1. voshkin
      Happy

Re: Serial port?

It's for control systems, like Crestron, AMX, Philips etc

- to control the projector, switch modes, and so on.

1. Wize

Re: Serial port?

Yes, but aren't they moving on to newer technologies? Everyone else is.

The office ceiling mounted projector isn't new enough have all the HDMI inputs, but it has USB and Ethernet ports along with serial for the legacy connections.

All this new one has is serial.

Most systems are doing away with serial connections. Rare to find a PC with one for example.

4. Charlie's Butt
    Facepalm

The cosmetic design may be thumpingly dull...

Amen to that - £3,100 and the remote control looks like it came from an <insert your favourite cereal brand here> packet.

5. Toastan Buttar

> £3000???

To watch a film at home?

I could go to the local cinema and experience 300 3D films for that amount. On a fucking HUGE screen.

1. Kd
      Stop

Re: > £3000???

£3000 is a high price, but one that I considered worthwhile. I have the earlier AT4000E which cost £2,500 retail a year or two back.

This gives me a device that creates a screen that is just shy of 3m diagonal in full HD, at a lower noise than any of its competitors when it was released. I can watch pretty much any movie I choose in the comfort of my own home, with cheap beer and snacks, on any format or source (DVD, Blu-ray or streaming from my media PC) in 7.2 sound (with my Onkyo AV amp). Allowing pausing of the show when the lady needs a comfort break, no concern or cost of baby-sitters and not least of all none of that crud that comes with sharing space with sweet wrapper scrunching, chattering hoi-polloi with big hats.

Last time we chose to visit a cinema, we shelled out over £50 for two, with snacks, fuel, parking... The picture and sound was worse, the chairs less comfortable, queues there, along with noisy f***ers.

I would recommend looking into it. How much would a 110" LCD or plasma cost?

That said, I would bother with 3D, it's sh**

6. Craig 12

Anyone seriously considering a premium projector is surely waiting for the Red 4k laser projector which should be released this year...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like