back to article Texas judge lets Apple duel patent sabre-rattler Lodsys

A Texas judge has decided Apple will be allowed into the trenches to fight patent-holding firm Lodsys, on behalf of iOS developers, almost a year after Cupertino made the request. The news comes from courtroom-lurker Florian Mueller, who points out that the public filing clearly states Apple can get involved in the case which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Arctic fox
    Trollface

"Foxconn-rebrander "

Ouch! The Cupertino Cognoscenti are definitely not going to like that.

1. jubtastic1
      Flame

Re: "Foxconn-rebrander "

Either that bridge was not sufficiently burned for El Reg's liking, or in shock at the spate of recent unexpected replies from Apple PR, they've regressed to a schoolboy response of calling names and pulling hair.

I'm sure there's been discussion about this insult at Vulture Central but the Ayes have it as they seem to be running with it.

1. Arctic fox
        Trollface

Re: "spate of recent unexpected replies from Apple PR,"

Really? Apple have started communicating? When did this happen and why didn't I get the memo?

1. Bill Ray (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Re: "spate of recent unexpected replies from Apple PR,"

We're on polite terms with Apple these days, or at least we were before this piece, but every day in communication with Cupertino is a gift to be savoured.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/12/30/apple_statement/

Bill.

1. Arctic fox
            Thumb Up

@Bill Ray Re: "....every day in communication with Cupertino is a gift to be savoured"

What can I say other than to quote the KJ-Bible in this context? "There is more joy in heaven at one sinner that repenteth than in nine and ninety just men." Though of course how long their repentance will last if El Reg continues to take the piss is anybody's guess! -:P

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "Foxconn-rebrander "

Well, by the same logic, we can call El Reg a mere Rackspace-rebrander. Makes just about as much sense.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"and few disagree that it is being infringed"

Lots of people disagree, thats why there are court court cases in the first place.

3. Keep Refrigerated
    Pint

"courtroom-lurker Florian Mueller"

Hurray for rebranding!

4. Justin Clements
    Thumb Down

FFS

Oh do fuck off with the Foxconn rebrander nonsense.

5. Someone Else Silver badge
    Coat

Was it just me...

Lodsys isn't just hitting those developing for the iOS platform, but it is worth noting that Apple's licence on the patent goes back to when it was owned by Intellectual Ventures – a patent farm in which Apple, and Google, have considerable investment.

I had to make a double-take, 'cuz I read the old firm name as Intellectual Vultures. Something about a shoe fitting, I guess...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like