back to article Vintage alien tech crash-lands in field

It's widely accepted among those with a penchant for banging on about Atlantis, the pyramids and the bloody Mayan calendar that the Nazca Lines in Peru represent a vast alien spaceport hewn from the living desert by beings so advanced that the human mind would explode if it were obliged to absorb even a millionth part of their …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nah....

It's the British version of the Chinese Space Warfare program......only we can't quite afford the full package.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/18/chinese_desert_mystery_sites_are_satellite_targets/

Tally ho chaps!

2. Miek
    Coat

"because by our reckoning the type of vessel shown above would take 43,385,325 years to arrive from our nearest neighbour star Proxima Centauri"

I think that 'type' of vessel would be unable to travel through space actually, heaven help LOHAN!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Under it's own propulsion perhaps not, but what if the aliens used a big windy-up rubber band to give it a kick in the right direction?

2. Borg.King
      Alien

I guess thats

why neither of them have a propeller, since that's useless in the great void.

1. M7S

Re: I guess thats

Propellers DO work in space. How do you think those spitfires fought the Daleks in Dr Who? I suppose you think that they were using the Tardis' morphic field.

That's just silly.

They were far too far away.

They used the solar wind.

1. T J
          Facepalm

Re: I guess thats

Oh GOD did you HAVE to remind me of that episode......

3. some-reg-reader
    Stop

Nice route!

I particularly liked how you continued to include the rest of his directions in the link.

LE65 2** to SK9 7** eh?

Probably a good idea if you scrap his home post code from the link El Reg.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Nice route!

Perhaps they should use this Link instead.. so much less personal information to harvest...

4. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Nothing to see here?

Just River Song being overly dramatic again. Jeez, why can't she learn to use email?

5. TRT Silver badge

I think the aliens...

are bi-curious.

1. phear46

Re: I think the aliens...

I see what you did there.....

6. atomic jam
    Happy

They travel 100's of lightyears

... just to play Etch A Sketch

7. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Snoopy & the Red Baron

Fly again!

Nice job

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Worst drawing of a penis

ever

9. Aged Cynic
    FAIL

Staffordshire ??? Shurely, shome mishtake?

That's right next to Little Moreton Hall (http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/little-moreton-hall/) which is in (south-east) Cheshire. Staffordshire is somewhat saaaff from there

10. paulc
    Happy

Just put this lat long into googlemaps

53.129628,-2.253238

as the original link provided has vamooshed...

11. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge
    Alien

It's a prototype

To be fair, in the time the aliens have been here, they've refined the design a little:

http://regmedia.co.uk/2012/04/10/sca_and_discovery_large.jpg

12. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
    Joke

So the aliens are:

Dick Dastardly and Muttley!

13. Parax
    IT Angle

Looks Like there is an IT angle..

someone has hacked a robot lawnmower...or a tractors Crop management GPS system...

Or alternatively it's proof that Farmer Giles actually did invent Draw Something....

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Careful, that field has rounded corners. Cupertino lawyers are flying in as I type this.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

43,385,325 years

But to be fair most of them will be spent on the M6 northbound.

16. SSD

Brilliant

This hilarious, I live literally round the corner in sandbach (Zoom out and look to the left), I'm going to check this out at some point!

17. Stevie

Fools!

But...notice that there are no propellers on those "aircraft" and you can see that what we actually have here is an insultingly careless attempt to disguise some sort of reactionless-thruster or gravitic drive capable craft as an innocuous "native" conveyance!

The insidious threat posed by those who made this travesty cannot be overstated!

We are Not Alone! The dark is full of things with pointy teeth!

Aiee!

etc!

1. Random Coolzip

Re: Fools!

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

18. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Happy

Some people have entirely too much free time on their hands...

To my great delight!

19. Anonymous Coward
    Go

I for one welcome our barnstorming, wingwalking alien overlords!!

Though I caution them that the health and safety crowd will probably not issue the necessary permits for the impending colonization.....

20. Graham Bartlett

The man from Alpha Centauri he say

Triffic! </stoke-accent>

21. Dave 126 Silver badge

Buzzing

'A teaser? Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around

looking for planets which haven't made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.'

'Buzz them?' Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult

for him.

'Yeah,' said Ford, 'they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few

people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one's ever

going to believe and them strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennae

on their head and making beep beep noises. Rather childish really.'

22. sisk

Someone had WAY too much time on their hands.

That is all.

23. Stuart Halliday
    Megaphone

It's a Condor moment...

Keep up.

The role of the Nazca Lines in Peru has been discovered.

The tribes at the time worshipped the large Condor bird.

So of course they had to make their images large so these big high flying birds could see them and stay around.

No aliens, spaceships or other high technology other than a broom and some string required!

1. RocketBook
      Alien

Re: It's a Condor moment...

Spoilsport. Then again, if it is a Condor moment, maybe I will get my pipe and slippers.

This topic is closed for new posts.