back to article Hacktivist 'Hardcore Charlie' claims China military hack

A hacker affiliated to hacktivist group Anonymous and dubbed Hardcore Charlie claims to have broken into the IT systems of a Chinese military contractor and exposed documents related to the US war effort in Afghanistan. The hacker first announced the news on Monday via this tweet: “CHINA military contractor CEIEC owneed like …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Meh

Pics or it didn't happen

Off the bragging haxxoring weirdo area, Duqu has made a reappearance...

2. LinkOfHyrule
    Joke

Hardcore Charlie

His name is a reference to his raving days in the early-mid 90s. I remember him well, always stomping away at the front at the big events, asking the MC for a "shout out to all the Anonymous massive" a bit of a character! He went off hardcore around 96 when it got too cheesy and became more of a jungleist and then around 2000 got into UK garage. Good to see he's doing so well!

1. Lord Lien
      Thumb Up

Re: Hardcore Charlie

You mean junglist....... Its my religion.... I'm off to kane my M-Beat tunes at a loud volumes just like back in 94 ;)

3. Ian Halstead
    Headmaster

Lukk- I kan spel funny tou.

Pity he didn't hack into the offices of the Oxford English dictionary.

1. schubb
      Facepalm

Re: Lukk- I kan spel funny tou.

Had to +1 this...Was wondering if there is actually a message in that dump of wording posted.

1. Peter Murphy
        Happy

I thought it was a shout out to Cheech Marin, the Mexican-American half of stoner duo Cheech and Chong. I admit it sounds like a long shot, but read the message:

Us be shoked porque their shiiit was packed with goodiez cummin from a USA Military brigadezz in Afghanistan,

I think our author likes packing his pipe with some goodiez of his own. I just hope it's good shiiit.

Dave's coat, please, because Dave's not here, man. He's always leaving things behind.

4. Mike Moyle

Re: Re: Lukk- I kan spel funny tou.

It helps if you read it in Jar-Jar Binks voice.

1. John McCallum
      Devil

DO I have to?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In the future everyone will all speak like that

Ever seen Idiocracy?

I refer to it as 1337-Speak Pigeon - it's bad enough when it's typed, but people are already LOL'ing IRL... : /

1. asdf
      Joke

Re: In the future everyone will all speak like that

Lol Orwell was wrong, it was not 1984 but 1337.

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Calling BS On This

So a chinese defence contractor writes their reports in (something like) English ? Because the government of China communicates in what language again ?

These are just 1337 Google and Photoshop users.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Calling BS On This

Maybe Charlie translated the documents and reproduced them in English. He's obviously got a gift for language.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Stop

Re: Calling BS On This

Maybe Occam's razor tells us that a Chinese Company working for their government would not use English and stamp the document. Maybe it is just a bad fake.

7. n3kt0n
    Thumb Down

HOAX

Total hoax, others have come to the same conclusion as I have.

The doc dumps are from real victims, but Simplified Chinese is not among the document languages. Probably sniffed Tor exit nodes for real victims of POP3 exploitation, downloaded all their documents just like the real hackers, and then made up the aggressor using some Chinese company with Google'able notriety.

8. Daniel B.

Doubt on the Hispanic.

Given the Spaniglish words on that, I doubt it was an actual Hispanic d00d. It reads more like stereotypical stuff more than what someone who was actually from Mexico would write, at least. ("Puñeta" gives it away. The only time I've heard that in the last 2 years referring to a person has been while watching Machete.)

Maybe he's channeling Cheech & Chong?

9. This post has been deleted by its author

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wonder if...

... the Chinese government will push for his extradition to face criminal charges? Or is this sort of thing the privilege of the US and its loyal lieutenant across the pond?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like