back to article Electrical contact lenses created for in-eye displays

While many of the gadgets that Register Hardware writes about have us shouting 'cool!' and 'I want one of those', there are a few that make us scream 'Cyborg!' However, news of a contact lens that acts like a heads-up display inside the wear’s eye made us feel a little uneasy. The prototype lens has been developed by boffins …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. bob_blah
    Happy

That is so f88king cool!

Now all we need is the virtual John Madden add-on, and he can use his light pen to point out all the potential hazards as we walk down the street.

"You can see here Al that this car has its reverse lights on but has yet to move. Keep an eye on that one. But don't overlook that kid on the rollerblades coming towards you. He might just decide to cut block you and BAM! You're not going to drinking that latte you've got your mind set on!"

Why can't the future be now!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Bit of a bummer if you wear contacts already though ...

I don't, since I hate the idea of sticking my finger in my eye, but you get the general idea.

On the other hand, give me a non-clunky solution which will stick a HUD on my specs and I'll be right in there. The Cinemizer(sic) goggles don't count, largely because they look fecking awful!

Paging Captain Cyborg, paging Captain Cyborg ...

4. michael

I WANT THIS

I do not care if the turns me into a cyborge it rocks

5. Jason
    Thumb Up

Power levels?

IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Internet memes aside, this could be a very interesting prospect, I wear contacts or glasses, so it would be different to see the world with a digital HUD.

Once the functions are increased, it could probably even do tiny things, like to check for suspicious arm movements (if you're a bodyguard/secret service agent) or even stupid stuff like tally petrol prices on the road to check on later to find which one sold at the cheapest price.

Losing one at the back of your eye might hurt though, and dropping it in the street would be expensive...

I just hope it doesn't my current health level or weapon ammo remaining, then that'd be a little too scary...

This topic is closed for new posts.