back to article Watchdog sniffs David Beckham's wedding tackle

The Advertising Standards Authority has ruled that a poster campaign featuring David Beckham in his undies and displaying a fine pair of goldenballs is unlikely to traumatise wide-eyed kiddies. David Beckham poses for his Bodywear range. Pic: H&M Earlier this year, Becks got most of his kit off for the launch of his "Bodywear …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LinkOfHyrule
    Holmes

"the poses and facial expressions of David Beckham were mildly sexual at most".

*sniggers*

2. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Joke

Spinal Tap moment?

What's he got there - a cucumber covered in aluminum foil?

1. Why Not?

Re: Spinal Tap moment?

No I think that expression means - "Ah so that's where I left my spare pair of socks."

3. Cameron Colley

Who are these strange, prudish people?

Why on earth would anybody think that a picture of Mr Beckham in his smalls would upset a child? Why would a child think anything of it at all?

Granted, the odd teenager may think "fwwouar, he's hench*" but it's hardly traumatic for them and isn't going to make any difference to the way they're thinking.

*I think that's the term currently in use to describe someone who's attractive.

1. c3
      Mushroom

Re: Who are these strange, prudish people?

Most likely the same people that consider all the rape and murdering in the Bible and a viciously vengeful God to be perfectly ok for children. Also, many of them consider physical punishment to be totally cool, to, for their children.

Now everybody remember: a pair of tits is very dangerous for children. That's why we give them guns, so they can defend against it.

1. Oolons
        Joke

A pair of tits? I only saw David in the pic not his effervescent wife... Unless she was the stick they used to plump out his package....

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Actually, "hench" means being built like a brick shit house (muscular and extremely bulky). It's nothing to do with attractiveness.

"Buff" would be the more likely used word by da yoof in this instance, (or "peng" if the attributed attractiveness was deemed to go beyond just the physique).

4. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Clearly traumatising filth

These stupid tattoos are...

5. Chris Sake
    Paris Hilton

New definition of size

at El Reg can be defined in units of 'mildly sexual'.

For example:

Posh's playtoy: 1 mildly sexual.

Typical Aussie budgie smuggler: 10 mildly sexuals.

Paris, because size does matter.

1. Khaptain Silver badge
      Joke

Re: New definition of size

What does a Typical Aussie budgie smuggle ?. Is it that dried white fish that we see stuck through the cages?

An Aussie Tit smuggler on the otherhand needs no introduction.

Side remark . Please do not post pictures of Victoria Beckham in her underwear, that would really frighten the kids, but not for the same reason.

6. Hi Wreck
    Childcatcher

Long live the queen

Victoria, that is.

7. Andy 115

What do these prudes do when they take their precious little darlings shopping?

For bid them to enter the men's section of M&S lest they see an orgy of packacking showing men in their underwear?

Agree with an above poster - most likely a god-squad.

1. Elmer Phud
      Childcatcher

Re: What do these prudes do . . .

Search YouTube for 'Father Ted lingerie'

won't somebody think of the children?

8. MrZoolook
    Meh

I certainly hope David Beckham wasn't thinking of the children while posing for that picture...

9. Bronny
    Happy

Phwoar!

Dear El Reg,

Just reading this at 8.20am, surrounded by nerdy, slightly sweaty, poorly dressed men talking their normal inane dribble over their first coffee of the morning - the start of a normal day in engineering land. But now you've really brightened my morning with the delicious Becks (I'm trying hard to pretend the tatts aren't there).

I've sat through years of Reg posts and comments going on and on and on about Paris Hilton, and Bulgarian airbags, childish snigegrs, demeaning sexist comments and any excuse for any titilation and never once complained (unless some tosser gets really quite nasty). So, I assume this is the start of the deluge of partially dressed men to address the imbalance? If you are doing requests can you find an excuse to cover the new Bond film (50th anniversary perhaps), and include some Daniel Craig shots, please.

Ta very much

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He needs some more tats

Goldenballs is a toad.

This topic is closed for new posts.