back to article Griffin Reserve Battery Case

If you’re anything like me and use your smartphone for everything from arguing on Twitter to watching the latest episode of Homeland on the train to work, you’ll find yourself re-charging its battery daily. Griffin Reserve battery case for iPhone Forget to do it, and you’ll run out of steam, just when you need to make that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. NoOnions

Blackberry Torch 9810

Any suggestions from anyone for something similar for a Torch 9810 please? - the battery life is the worst I've even known on a phone. It's a work phone, so I can't just swap it...

1. Anomalous Cowturd
      Stop

Nokia 6310i ?

A few days use as a telephone, 5 seconds to swap out the battery, 10 more to start up.

For everything else important, there's Barclaycard^W a laptop and a 3G dongle.

Hope that helps. ;o)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WTF?

So the cure for crap battery-life on today's anorexic smartphones is to lard them up with a strap-on battery?

1. Blunderbuss
      Holmes

Re: WTF?

If you use it heavily and find the battery life is not long enough for your individual needs then yes, lard it up with a strap-on as you put it.

If your usage means it doesn't need it then don't, it's a choice.

Luckily for me, my phone's battery lasts long enough that I wouldn't need it but if your doesn't then it's a possible solution. Another would be to buy a different phone, one that does what you need it to for as long as you need it to.

2. Aldous
      FAIL

yep just like for typing on tablets the solution is to use a case with a built in usb keyboard

personally i prefer having my phones with buttons and using this other thing thats always in my bag anyway. think they call them laptops or something not sure about this tech thing everyone calls me a luddite because my phones don't have touchscreens and have batterylifes measured in days not hours

3. Piro Silver badge

Yup. It's pathetic, really. Seems only Motorola have it right with the Droid RAZR Maxx.. stick in a gigantic battery from the factory so the thing is still incredibly slim..

3. Jonathan Walsh
    Flame

Ratings

If it is so great why is it only given a score of 80%? What's the downside?

1. Tiny Iota
      Holmes

Re: Ratings

you can happily leave it permanently attached, though you’ll need to remove it if you want to use the Dock connector for anything else - it's one downside

Don't think it mentioned any others though

1. The Infamous Grouse
        Unhappy

Downside

As downsides go, though, that's pretty major. My iPhone spends the night on a bedside radio, then gets moved to a USB cradle in the home office for syncing, then to an amplifier in the bathroom while I shower, then to a custom connection to the head unit in my car for the drive to work.

Each of these devices uses the dock connector. Having to remove the case each time would be impossibly restrictive. A shame, because this is one of the better looking battery cases I've seen.

4. flying_walrus

Does it charge at 10 volts, or only 5?

5. Fat Al
    Thumb Up

Mophie

What about the Mophie JuicePack+ ? That's got a 2000MaH battery, and seems to be good so far.

6. Annihilator
    Thumb Down

Dock connector

Bizarre that they don't just have a dock connector on it. At the very least they could have let the USB cable work as a dock connector for syncing.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Almost there...

just needs bigger capacity battery combined with their mil-spec case, then you can use it and abuse it away from the office for longer.

(and how about a yellow inner casing ;p to make it more visible)

HELLOO IM IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE ON THE PHONE !!!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anyone recommend an alternative for other makes of smartphones?

Even if its not in a snap-in case. Would like a plug in rechargeable battery for my HTC.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Alternative

I got a multi device secondary battery off Ebay for 12.99. It's doing a stirling job. Not suitable to be left attached all the time but it's got enough juce to top up the iPhone and iPad not to mention adapters that mean I can top up my work phone or even 3DS if the need arises.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like